skoda superb mk 2 boot opens by itself(other problems)

Hello all,i just bought a 140 bhp 2.0 ltr diesel 2009,Car is great but i am having problems,The boot open no problem with the keyfob,but when i close it,the soft shut sometimes works and other times it doesnt,and when it does shut by random while driving it opens by itself:blink:,Another problem i am having is that the boot wont open manually in either saloon or hachback,Is there a fuse for the boot,Or what would the problem be that it wont open manually:blink::blink:,Any help would be great.Thanks all

Do the internal boot lights work?

The boot catch can fail i.e. the micro-switch inside it, this fools the car into thinking the boot is open / closed when it isn't.

Are you getting any 'boot open' warnings on the dash or any spurious rear light bulbs failure warnings?

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, silver1011 said:

Do the internal boot lights work?

The boot catch can fail i.e. the micro-switch inside it, this fools the car into thinking the boot is open / closed when it isn't.

Are you getting any 'boot open' warnings on the dash or any spurious rear light bulbs failure warnings?

Hi thanks for your reply,yes the internal boot lights are working,No there is no warning on the dash that the boot is open,Yes i am getting a reversing bulb failure warning on the center display,and orange bulb on rev counter guage,sometimes it goes off,and then comes back on afer a while

Edited by shea1980

2 hours ago, Hoverurb said:

How carefully have you checked the loom? Have you checked for continuity in each wire?  

Thanks for the reply,yes i have checked the loom,Going to check continuity 2moro,to make sure,Also what would be the best way to check continuity on that short of a loom?

Edited by shea1980