Replacement windscreen

Only had my Monte just over a week and yesterday on way to work, bus threw up a stone and put a 4 inch crack in windscreen.  Had last car 8 years and never so much as a chip, so gutted is not the word, but on the bright side could have dinged off the bonnet and would have been even more upsetting.  Anyway, insurance are covering replacement and guy coming to fit tomorrow afternoon.  However, looking at it on way home today, and noticed the black dot shading over where the interior mirror sits ... am I likely to get this on new screen, or just a bog standard clear one?  Is the shading patch available to buy to fit myself if it doesn't have one?

Check the screen being supplied includes: the correct tint, a connection for the second aerial (the line down the middle) and the shaded part above the interior mirror.

Accept nothing less.

Edited by Lee
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, AwaoffSki said:

& if they happen to break the A Pillar trim then they need to replace them. (should not happen, sometimes does!)

Happy days.

I recall some windscreen suppliers have a kit that includes the trims with the screen?

Thanks all.

Have emailed them back tonight to check that they are aware its a Monte as the booking confirmation email just says Fabia.  They took the reg etc when I booked it, so thought that would be enough to get the exact model for correct screen, but will refuse it if the guy turns up with a bog standard Fabia one.    Auto Windscreens are doing it so you would think they should know, or at least check if its a special edition model. 

Interesting about the embedded aerial wire, not actually noticed that on mine so will have to check in daylight tomorrow.  Hoping he does turn up with the right one, as the crack has crept another half inch or so today (I marked the end of it yesterday) so don't want to be driving it too many more days before its sorted.

Edited by KernowMaid

They were supposed to be coming to me on Saturday, but rang back to say cancellation and they could fit in tomorrow.  If its usually a wait for the correct screen that doesn't bode well that they have one for me, and probably got a standard Fab one off the shelf :(   Still, better I find out know then when he has my old screen out I guess ...

Thanks all, had job done, excellent.  Exact replacement with tint, shading and aerial.  I did ring them this morning just to double check, but all OK.  Fitted in about 30 minutes, guy even turned up early and waited in his van for a gap in the weather as we have heavy hail showers here today.  Lifetime warranty on the fitting and workmanship, so well impressed.  Screen actually had a large chip on passenger side which I was going to get sorted when funds allowed, so this has actually done me a favour.  Pity I live near an aggregate quarry, so stones on the road are a fact of life, but hopefully won't happen again too soon ;)