Yeti DPF light

Tedshred

Help please 

2011 model use only BP fuel and drive 90m return trips on motorway daily 

DPF light came on every 300m after 4th time of driving it off car went to limp mode.

forced regeneration at garage 1k miles later came on again every 300m. Garage checked DPF and is clean has changed exhaust pressure sensor trouble free for next 500 miles then back on 

Normal see puff of light blue smoke before it comes on 

any ideas 

ANOTHER fix/fail ?              when was the latest software done,how many miles since the fix fail.?

Edited by Sad555

11 hours ago, Tedshred said:

Yes running the latest software

You say that like it's a good thing, it's probably what is causing the problem.
Mine for one will NOT be having the "Update".

• Like 1

I have been plagued with exactly the same problem since the 'fix' in November 2016.  3 regenerations, new temp sensor. The local VW dealer doesn't want to know and says its my driving causing the problem.  I live in rural France with little traffic or congestion.  Now I am resigned to it.  Every 3/4 weeks the light comes on and I have to do a half hour motorway dash at maximum speed  which seems to clear it.

Seeing this fix has no down side (apparently), why did they go to so much trouble with the designing of a method of cheating during a test?

Is’nt that something one of those motoring journalists (or class action lawyers) could ask or are they industry gatekeepers?.

• Like 1

Correct Ryeman.   The whole is a bloody scandal.

Here in France the dealers are trained to say its the customers driving that  causes the problem.  You are treated like an idiot and just have to put up with it.

I have written to Skoda with a formal complaint under their trust building measure.  Although not sure I will get anywhere with it. 

Unless people with real issues Post Fix do the proper formal complaints which the Dealerships have forms for then this will continue.

Is there no System in France with the Authorities for reporting, there is in the UK with the DVSA / DfT,

not that seems to stop Politicians appearing to blame owners of a third of the TDI's not 'Fixed' in the UK for keeping on causing excess emissions while not even questioning 

if having The Fix' actually reduces on road use emissions, or is actually causing trouble for owners which the VW Group dismiss so easily.

One in three cars in VW emissions scandal yet to be fixed, figures show _ Business _ The Guardian.mhtml

Edited by AwaoffSki

I hate to say "I told you so"...

Actually, I hate being right about this - it would be much better if I had been wrong and they had fixed them properly (or, indeed, designed them properly to start with).  I saw this coming as soon as it was exposed.  I'm sad to say that my un-updated Yeti is now out of my hands and may well have been neutered by now.  :sadsmile:

• Like 1

checked on the website, its showing as no action required. I am calling in at the local dealers this week to see when the fix was done and see if we can still get the work done

I thought any exhaust system failures were covered for 2 years AFTER the fix/fail in Europe and 10 years in the U S A,so called (good will) without admitting any liability.

After discussion with the dealer, car now changed to Tsi so no more DPF problems 

stayed with a yeti a very practical and looking around could not get this with other makes / models 

• Like 1

Great to hear that dealers in the UK have  a complaints  procédure in hand. 

Nothing like that here in France.  I have registered my complaint direct to the head office of VAG group in France.