BRAKE FLUID CHANGE

kwmax

6 minutes ago, terrytowelling said:

My favorite used to be: the Gunson Eezibleed-

http://www.halfords.com/workshop-tools/tools/hand-tools/gunson-eezibleed?cm_mmc=Google+PLA-_-Tools-_-Hand+Tools-_-321158&istCompanyId=b8708c57-7a02-4cf6-b2c0-dc36b54a327e&istItemId=lwqtxm&istBid=tzip&_$ja=tsid:94971|cid:865695754|agid:42483195983|tid:pla-331463649998|crid:203186066553|nw:g|rnd:15818157858896951042|dvc:c|adp:1o1|mt:|loc:9046251&gclid=CjwKCAiA-9rTBRBNEiwAt0Znw7y59CjxfmcMyrtTPzLJw89e_CtGNj0vaYoOKutExv8rSG1flCDgDRoCnI8QAvD_BwE

You pressurise the system and have a bottle that keeps the resevoir topped up. No need to pump the pedal - just release the bleed nipple. Also found it useful when I encountered a damaged nipple. I slightly released the brake pipe going into the caliper to flush fluid through (obviously being careful where the fluid went)

Must admit I send it to a garage these days as I now usually end up with a chiropractor bill if I spend an hour or so working on a car :sad:

Edited by bigjohn
  • Like 3

On 2/4/2018 at 14:04, bigjohn said:

You pressurize the system and have a bottle that keeps the reservoir topped up. No need to pump the pedal - just release the bleed nipple.

Fully agree with you just want to add the recommendation to attache a flexible transparent tube to the nipple. One reason is to avoid the spill and second is to create a liquid column above the nipple IOT avoid air to enter back into the system when you  tighten the nipple.

brake-bleed-250.jpg

Edited by safari hunter
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, safari hunter said:

Fully agree with you just want to add the recommendation to attache a flexible transparent tube to the nipple. One reason is to avoid the spill and second is to create a liquid column above the nipple IOT avoid air to enter back into the system when you  tighten the nipple.

brake-bleed-250.jpg

It's been a while - but I think you get such a pipe with the Eezibleed kit