Front Brake Banjo Bolts & Washers

I have bought a set of caliper repair kit to overhaul my front calipers as i think one of my dust boot is leaking.

I am planning on taking the caliper off the car to replace all seals and pistons.

My question is , If I remove the hydraulic brake line do I need to replace both banjo bolt and washer, or just the washers?

Also I have a spray can of Hammerite direct to rust metal paint, can I use it on the calipers.

Thanks

7 minutes ago, hutchysrs50 said:

I replace the copper washers, not the banjo bolt.

i also use hammerite brush on paint (I like smooth red personally)

Did you just buy the washers on their own, or any copper washer of similar size will do?

Also is it recommended to use a thread lock or a NO NO for the banjo bolt if re-using.

Thanks

11 minutes ago, 247 said:

Did you just buy the washers on their own, or any copper washer of similar size will do?

Also is it recommended to use a thread lock or a NO NO for the banjo bolt if re-using.

Thanks

I habe a box of cooper washers, I just picked two from the box that fitted.

its a No No, let the copper washers crush and do the sealing, no need to really tighten the banjo bolt massively.

You can buy proper clamps to put on the flexi part of the hose. I made some blanks to use to clamp the system off.

You can also press the brake pedal and hold it with a pry bar or similar wedged on the drivers seat which will stop any fluid from leaking out.

So that’s 3 methods you can try :)