Replace wing mirror puddle light lens

A "nice" chap in a white delivery truck just clipped my Drivers wing mirror (didn't stop and I had nowhere to turn to chase him on the twisty lane!) so I need to ask if I can replace the clear glass light unit myself as I normally do my own maintenance.

It is the long glass strip with codes of "A093532" and "05 E4 0161701" on it.

Help would be appreciated as I don't want to go through the hassle of an Insurance claim.

The car is a 2016 Octavia Hatchback.

• 4 weeks later...
On 31/01/2018 at 14:39, Peebles said:

A "nice" chap in a white delivery truck just clipped my Drivers wing mirror (didn't stop and I had nowhere to turn to chase him on the twisty lane!) so I need to ask if I can replace the clear glass light unit myself as I normally do my own maintenance.

It is the long glass strip with codes of "A093532" and "05 E4 0161701" on it.

Help would be appreciated as I don't want to go through the hassle of an Insurance claim.

The car is a 2016 Octavia Hatchback.

Pay for an hour on Erwin and download the workshop manuals for your car. Should fully detail the process.

Superskoda have published a video showing how to remove and refit the puddle lights. 

Required disassembly of the mirror unit,  but I managed and I'm pretty cack-handed.

The upgraded units from Superskoda are good, but took weeks to arrive, so depends if you're prepared to wait.

http://www.superskoda.com/es/Skoda/OCTAVIA-III/Octavia-III-MEGA-POWER-LED-mirror-downlight-KI-R

Edited by O3SouthWales
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, nemauson said:

Hi

I am in the same situation like you. But in this case I'm the guilty. Did you find some spare or ref number?

Thanks in advance

I quote myself because I've found the ref. numbers of the two mirror blinkers. 5E0949101 for the right one (the one I need) and 5E0949102 for the left one.

Just telling you in hope of someone finds useful

Thank you for the replies and for sharing the video O3SouthWales !

On 22/02/2018 at 20:40, O3SouthWales said:

Superskoda have published a video showing how to remove and refit the puddle lights. 

Thanks for that, I've got my LED units to fit this weekend.  Does the mirror come out as easy as it does on the vid?