how to lock opening doors from inside ??

akram801

2 hours ago, akram801 said:

hi ever one

i have a skoda citigo 2014

during driving i need to prevent kids from trying to open door from inside

i need to lock and unlock doors using a button click 

Why not just set the child locks? Easily done, there is a lock on the edge of the rear doors that you turn with your key.

• Like 1

Ok, there should be a rocker switch on the drivers armrest that toggles between lock/unlock that when pressed locks all the doors, however I don’t think it will disable the rear interior door handle from opening the door, only the child locks do that. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 2/1/2018 at 00:30, SteveJP said:

Ok, there should be a rocker switch on the drivers armrest that toggles between lock/unlock that when pressed locks all the doors, however I don’t think it will disable the rear interior door handle from opening the door, only the child locks do that. 

thanks ...

the remote controller can lock the doors from inside but where i put the key inside the switch the doors return open

On 3/12/2018 at 19:34, akram801 said:

thanks ...

the remote controller can lock the doors from inside but where i put the key inside the switch the doors return open

Are you sure the doors re-open or just turn off the dead locks? As when you lock it with the key and try and open it from the inside, the dead locks stop you opening the door. But they are still locked from the outside - try this next time after you have locked the car with the key fob on the inside and put the key in ignition, then you'll hear the locks turn off the deadlock. Open the window and try handle from outside, it will be locked. You can still get out if you need to.

• 1 month later...
On 3/17/2018 at 14:09, SJFISHER67 said:

Are you sure the doors re-open or just turn off the dead locks? As when you lock it with the key and try and open it from the inside, the dead locks stop you opening the door. But they are still locked from the outside - try this next time after you have locked the car with the key fob on the inside and put the key in ignition, then you'll hear the locks turn off the deadlock. Open the window and try handle from outside, it will be locked. You can still get out if you need to.

after i use the remote to lock , the doors lock form inside and outside , But when i put the key inside the  switch m the locks deactivated

i need to still locked

to prevent children from opening doors during driving

I presume you are talking only about the front doors as you have a 3 door?  I’m not sure you can disable the inside handles on a 3 door, the deadlocks will unlock as it’s a safety issue so the occupants can get out in an emergency.  As I’ve said before on this thread, on a 5 door, the child safety locks will deactivate the rear doors interior handle.