MARSHAL SKODA (croydon)

So i was looking for a Octavia VRS. I had been searching for a number of months for the one i wanted. 

This one car kept cropping up in silver (would have preferred the blue but could not find a spec that i wanted) it had also been advertised for a little while knowing i would be able to get a decent deal i contacted the dealership and showed my interest.

The first initial contact was brilliant, i had pretty much did the deal over the phone and via email. Including the £3500 i got for my 2009 Ford Focus Zetec S 1.6 (which was the runabout i was using after getting rid of the GTD). 

I thought great next decision was to go and have a look at the car and see what it was like in the flesh as things can be hidden in photos. After the visit (the salesman i was dealing with was on holiday) i was speaking to the finance controller which showed me the car. I liked what i see and the car didn't look like it had been thrashed. 

About 3 weeks later after taking delivery it developed a rattle coming from the front of the car by the A-Pillar. When i called the salesman to express my concerns (also knowing the service department would not have a car for me to use straight away) the salesman did not want to take my phone calls. This was after a number of tries, he still didn't want to speak to me. Great i thought he has my money but can't be bothered to speak to me anymore. 

After speaking to the service department and not getting anywhere after a week trying to book an appointment and a courtesy car together was impossible. So i called and spoke to the manager who wasn't available at the time. I explained the situation to the receptionist who was always friendly and asked her to pass the message on to the salesman and service manager that if this issue was not resolved within the next 24hours i will be backing the car and getting a full refund to go elsewhere. Once this message went through the sales manager called and i explained the situation as requiring a courtesy car because the car i had now has a really loud rattle. He did arrange a courtesy car straight away. For the Saturday afterwards. 

Dropped the car into the service team and was speaking to the person with the most experience but was always a bit shirty with me and my wife. 

Once a few days had passed they came back to me and explained that they had found a Nerf Gun Dart inside the n/s air vent. Once they realised what it was and that it wasn't a manufacturers issue the experience became even worse.

They demanded their courtesy car back the next day even though i explained to them my working hours were 7:30 to 18:00 which is similar to theirs and would not get from North London to Croydon before they close at 18:00.

This didn't stop there, when i went back to collect the car and drop the courtesy car back i topped the fuel up on the courtesy car just a bit more so they couldn't say to me that the car now has less fuel. When me and my wife walked in it was like we were the worse customers on the planet and being held on contempt or breach of a contract or something. The service advisor did not ask us to take a seat and was rushing us to get us out. So i just took a seat myself she then even accused me/my children of putting the nerf gun dart in the air vent. For one i do not have children due to the fact at the time my wife had just experienced a miscarriage. This made me fuming even more and if my wife wasn't there i would have completely lost it but she told me to leave it. Even whilst there the salesman who i bought the car from and another member of staff were constantly looking at me and my wife making the visit feel very unnerving. 

Please be wary by this site as i dont believe they have decent customer service. There is other things that i have missed as this was going over a few weeks. Just be careful.

• Like 1

Marshall's are large group, I would be inclined to write to the group CEO explaining the bad experience you received from the Croydon dealer.

On 04/02/2018 at 22:24, moley said:

Marshall's are large group, I would be inclined to write to the group CEO explaining the bad experience you received from the Croydon dealer.

That’s not exactly going to do much. Considering I won’t be going there ever again.