Fog light stuck on - won't switch off

Bohemia

Recently picked up a 2007 Fabia, and figured out that fogs and spotlights are switched by the headlight switch being pulled or pushed.

Irrespective of where the switch is - In, Halfway or Out - the fog lamp is on, when the headlights are switched on (irrespective of speed and direction, so no connection to cornering or reversing)

Anybody know if this is an easy fix - presume the switch fascia needs to come off?

Thanks for any hints/tips

3 minutes ago, xman said:

I would think its a switch problem. I think its probably easy to pop the switch out with the bit of trim its mounted on.

You could always pull the fuse as a quick fix.

Thanks man, is the fuse readily identifiable? Don't generally look under bonnets unless the washer or oil need topping, but since not working got to become more DIY active ;)

Look in your user manual, or download one here

https://ws.skoda-auto.com/OwnersManualService/Data/en/Fabia_54/11-2014/Manual/Fabia/A05_Fabia_OwnersManual.pdf

Shows you where the fuses are. Looks like fuse 38.

Note that on the inside of the fuse cover is a little plastic clip tool that you can use to pull the fuses out with. Make sure you pull the right one! ;)

Edited by xman

Hum, I agree, I like to find a reason for things failing, not good, this might not be the end of this tale?

Have you examined the bulb that you took out and checked if it was still "okay" looking or damaged internally?  If you had the inclination it might have been a good idea to refit that original bulb and see if that fault came back immediately, sounds like being the thing I would have done (sitting in my nice warm house drinking a mug of tea!!).

1 hour ago, xman said:

Probably wrong bulb was previously fitted single/double filament offset/non offset pins or fitted/forced in wrong and shorting parking circuit and fog circuits.

Ah, my brain had told me it was a front fog light!  Now that makes a lot more sense if it was a rear one!