LED Lights Fogging Up

I have a 9 month old Kodiaq with full LED package.

Never seen this before today after 9,000 1st oil change service yesterday must be coincidental ??

Both sides of main LED Headlights & fog lights have partially  fogged up.

Outside temp 3C

This can't be right surely?

Must be a long term risk of water in electrics problems.

Anybody else had this?

I'll refer to service but am away for a while.

See attached photo's  

IMG_2092 (1).JPG

IMG_2094.JPG

21 minutes ago, andyvee said:

At a guess they jet washed your car ........

pristine clean after oil change got to do something for £149

Mind you my local Eastern European staffed hand / jet wash does a brilliant job and has never fogged up my lights.

We happily expect windows to fog up, so why not the headlamps?  Answer: because we expect the headlamps to be sealed, allowing no transfer of damp air in.

But ... halogen, etc, bulbs work well when hot (in fact, the brighter the hotter), but LEDs don't.  They need to be kept cool(ish) to give of their best.  I wonder whether the Kodiaq headlamps are vented for that reason?

Headlamps haven't been sealed for many a year - they all have vents in.

Chances are it got jet washed and parked up.

If it had been driven straight away the air flow heat etc would have helped remove any water vapour from within the headlights.

It will go away, don't worry about it unless you have actual water droplets collecting in the bottom of your headlights.

Headlamps have always been vented ever since we moved away from true Sealed Beam units.

Wow - remember them. Lose one dip beam filament and you had to replace the whole unit.

7" diameter usually, but easy to do.

But a bit ££££

On 06/02/2018 at 18:25, vizslabob said:

pristine clean after oil change got to do something for £149

Mind you my local Eastern European staffed hand / jet wash does a brilliant job and has never fogged up my lights.

Jut out of curiosity, are you on fixed service intervals i.e. 10,000 miles or 12 months, whichever is reached first?

£149 sounds very reasonable for a first service, even more so if it is on variable servicing (up to 20,000 miles or 2 years). This price is usually reserved for cars over 3 years old...

Even more so now they've put the price up by £10...

Capture.JPG.ffd58f07b173e711a5bc296bc5624383.JPG

Same issue with mine - foggy headlamps now and then. LED’s don’t emit enough heat to turn the fog into vapour ... so it condenses on the plastic. +1 normal for LED’s, but darn that is strange to loon at :)