Eurovision

Rustynuts

Just been listening to the 6 songs we've put forward for Eurovision this year. Before they even announced the winner, I thought "We're gonna lose again". Wife's been watching it in the lounge and I could hear it through the open door. I'm not that sad I watch such nonsense...

Bah, you Britons don't know how to make the most of this kind of events. Here in Sweden we spend six Saturdays of prime time only to decide who to put forward: 4 evenings for picking two songs for a 2nd chance qualifying evening and two for the grande finale.

The cost for all this means that we have to watch cheap programs showing life in the Norwegian countryside for the rest of the year.

SuRie might do quite well in Lisbon.

Edited by swedishskoda
  • Haha 2

I wouldn't care too much if they were putting forward any songs which had half a chance of getting any votes. But the tripe we had to endure last night is clearly going to leave us in our usual position come the end of the votes.

"Another strong performance from the UK. Holding up all the other contenders above them, that is..."

On 08/02/2018 at 12:03, swedishskoda said:

Bah, you Britons don't know how to make the most of this kind of events.

We do know... we just can't, because British citizens are not allowed to own high calibre automatic weapons.

About the best we had left to us was giving Terry Wogan a microphone and a big bottle of whisky.

I voted remain... but if it meant we'd never have to endure Eurovision again, I'd Brexit in a heartbeat.

As is, I suspect Europe will make us the winners during our final year as punishment for leaving, as it means we'll still have to host the next one!!

• Haha 4