Trailer Led Lights & Bulb Failure Control

Hi Everyone,

Sorry to start a new topic with this subject, but had no luck or answer when looked for it.

Do our cars fitted with OEM tow bar and electrics recognise trailer led bulbs?

My car recognises my trailer incandescent (normal) bulbs with no problem, warning me when they do go out.

I'm thinking to get a cargo box wich comes equiped with Led Lamps that draw less wattage, but I'm afraid that I will get the trailer failure all the time! Any help with this....?

Do you know the solution if it does not recognise these LED bulbs? 

MAny Thanks

4 minutes ago, Gadget007 said:

I have a trailer with LED lights and it is recognised no problem.

MAybe I will have no problems.....

does it show on the turnig signal on the dashboard everytime you turn it on?

Just now, Palhete said:

MAybe I will have no problems.....

does it show on the turnig signal on the dashboard everytime you turn it on?

yes, when turning there is an extra light on the dash that flashes with the indicators.

There is a diagrammatic representation of the trailer shown on the columbus screen when connected (well it actually looks more like a small caravan)

2 minutes ago, Gadget007 said:

yes, when turning there is an extra light on the dash that flashes with the indicators.

There is a diagrammatic representation of the trailer shown on the columbus screen when connected (well it actually looks more like a small caravan)

Great to know that.....

Maybe I'm just afraid from what I've been reading about LED trailer lights....

Are your full LED(diodes), or you just put LEB "Bulbs" ???

Sorry for all these questions

From what I can tell these are complete led Lights, as this was my dad's trailer and he ditched the old light assemblies and fitted new LED units, I'll confirm tonight when I get home.

Just now, Gadget007 said:

From what I can tell these are complete led Lights, as this was my dad's trailer and he ditched the old light assemblies and fitted new LED units, I'll confirm tonight when I get home.

Thank you so much for your help