Front wipers

serafumi

Evening all . I was 20 miles into a 150 journey today . When the passenger side wiper stopped working . Drivers side is still fine . Any pointers for when I look at it tomorrow?? I was thinking if one side works then surely the motor is ok . But I’m not sure of the set up on a fabia 

regards Tony 

I'd think that it will be a link arm that has popped off, either due to wear by itself or due to the spindles stiffening up and over loading the links arms, check both spindles for ease of movement then clean and relub them, and maybe buy a repair retaining clip at Halfords, I've never seen them but someone on maybe this forum has pointed out that they exist and can be used to keep on a worn link arm.

Edit:- corrected from "age" to "arm"

Edited by rum4mo

THanks for all your help people . Had a look and one link arm has popped off. At the mo I can’t get tgexwupwr arm off. So I will buy a tool and I’m guessing I need that clip ?? 

Regards tony 

thanks again 

I've only ever had to sort that sort of thing out once, and I knew nothing about these clips back then, what I did was, work out why that had happened, it was on a late 6K Ibiza from early 2002 and that issue was caused mainly by water exiting the scuttle area at the wiper "hole" and running down to the link arm and causing a lot of crud and rust to get going in there, so I just checked that both wiper spindles were free to move, lubricated them to keep them happy for a few more years and bought and fitted a pair of new link arms. It was my daughter's car and she used it every day to get to work so I did not want that to happen again any time soon, ie I wanted it sorted out properly first time.