radio

Ok just question have bed 14 plate Octavia. The radio sometimes locks up on the screen IE touch part dies not work at all. Anyone had this issue. I had it happen and cleared it be stopping car etc. Have kessy start so not like removing the key. Today can't get screen to work at all. Hope This makes sense

I had this on my Columbus once, it seemed to rectify itself after half an hour. The touchscreen was unusable but the steering functions were fine.

A bit of research afterwards led me to an article that said it could sometimes be a side effect of it being really cold and it affected the touch screen sensitivity.  The article also said the sensitivity could be ajusted (but since it's not happened since I haven't presumed any further).

the other thing to look out for is a dirty screen, if cleaning be careful what you clean it with.

Check with your dealer, if there is any softwareupdates for the radio.

Have you tried resetting the radio, when the problem is present? Press and hold the power button for 10 seconds, then the system restarts.

You just hold the power button in on the radio for about 10 seconds to reset it. It doesnt effect the engine or the rest of the car You could do it anywhere its safe to take one hand off the wheel for that long.