Running in

Just out of interest lets have your thoughts

Now a days new engines are built rather well and many people say they don't need running in.

Personally i'm still abit old school and like to get around 500/600 miles of steady running and then drop the oil before I get abit heavy with the throtle

Whats your thoughts ?

Mike , Face lift Vrs 230

• Haha 1

i got mine in november and even though its a lease car i was steady for first 500 miles, vairied revs, didnt go upto redline, avoided staying at any rpms for too long etc. many say its not required, but now at just over 2000 miles, not used a drop of oil and goes really well. and after around 500 miles my right foot became a lot heavier!

• Like 1

I was steady in my O3 FL VRS 230 for the first 1K not reving over 2.5-3k rpm. Then when the magical 1001 was hit BIG smiles.. Not had an ounce of oil usage now on 5K and seems to get sweeter the more the mileage increases.