Goodbye Tdi Hello TSi

Well it's goodbye trusty 65 plate Tdi and hello nearly new 17 plate Tsi with black pack, winter pack,and extreme alloys. Not doing 40 miles a day to and from work so I though I'd like a bit more bhp. Oddly new insurance starts next week and I've got a £25 refund due to the swap? Don't suppose I'll be getting 52 driving briskly like what I did. Not as harsh a ride as I expected. Lovin it so far

InkedTdi.jpg

InkedTsi.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Smoother, quicker and louder colour what's not to like? If you have bought a TSI then you probably aren't too bothered that your mpg will drop....I bet it won't be as bad as you thought, especially when the temperatures rise above 10 degrees or so. 

Congrats! You could have gotten away with the TSI even with your previous mileage, they aren't terrible on fuel. I do 50 a day in my TSI! New one looks lovely, best colour too of course :tongueout:

Before I bought my TSI I ran quotes on both the diesel and petrol. It was around £50 cheaper to insure the petrol. Car insurance is a funny old thing. 

7 hours ago, whooshs said:

Well it's goodbye trusty 65 plate Tdi and hello nearly new 17 plate Tsi with black pack, winter pack,and extreme alloys. Not doing 40 miles a day to and from work so I though I'd like a bit more bhp. Oddly new insurance starts next week and I've got a £25 refund due to the swap? Don't suppose I'll be getting 52 driving briskly like what I did. Not as harsh a ride as I expected. Lovin it so far

InkedTdi.jpg

InkedTsi.jpg

I did did the same. Much better isn’t it. My insurance has come down too not by a lot though. 

Ive gone for a stage 1 APR with downpipe and resonator delete on mine. God it is so quick!

1 hour ago, Damo said:

@Tim1631Do you manage to get the extra power down ok? And what did it make on the rollers? 

Thinking of an APR or Revo but not convinced it’s a good idea without a LSD

TIA

It was 305 bhp and 365 lbs ft

With the weather like it’s been I’ve had to be careful as it’s been slippery. On the motorway it feels really rapid. 

Plans next are REVO big brake conversation. Coil overs and wider wheels and tyres. 

Then full exhaust, filter and APR stage 2

• Like 1