Enabling HBA on MY14 vRS

Hi all,

I've been following the pinned post in this very forum and have so far enabled traffic sign recognition and the DRL's flashing in sequence with indicators.

Next on my list was enabling high beam assist, but the instructions in the pinned post aren't very clear. Does anyone know what the actual option is in the drop down is called?

" Access Module 09 - enter security code 31347
Go to (2) Assistant light functions - Menu light assistant and change to 'PRESENT' "

I can't find the above anywhere. I've seen names for things on the golf forum's, but wasn't sure if they were the exact same on the Octavia or not.

Any help greatly appreciated!

What are you using? VCDS or OBDeleven?

The latest version of VCDS has changed the coding phrasing since the guide was first written. See the following for the German text to search for:

Edited by wg100

Go to the Diagnostics VCDS Forum - 3rd post Colin Helpful Topics and the 10th post within that, Andy Vee's Octavia MkIII adaptations. Ensure you follow it carefully, it took me 2 attempts to get it right. It's one of the better adaptations, very sensitive to approaching/receding lights and works well. 

Edited by Redboy

On 2/15/2018 at 19:21, Redboy said:

Go to the Diagnostics VCDS Forum - 3rd post Colin Helpful Topics and the 10th post within that, Andy Vee's Octavia MkIII adaptations. Ensure you follow it carefully, it took me 2 attempts to get it right. It's one of the better adaptations, very sensitive to approaching/receding lights and works well. 

That's the thread I've been following, but as wg100 said above, the menu options in VCDS have changed since the guides were written, and now I can't seem to find the correct drop down option to select.

I think I sorted it, the thread linked above was for MY18, so FL models, not earlier ones, and options related to bi-xenon headlights were different. I finally found the correct settings on the Golf forums and they seemed to work, so for anyone else hitting this issue in the future, this was what I followed:

http://www.golfmk7.com/forums/showthread.php?t=23366

• Thanks 1