Tyre Pressure Warning

So last week I replaced my front tyres, then swapped the fronts and rears around.

Today (a week later) whilst going down a slip road on to the motorway the TPS warning came up, when I was able to I checked the car status on the infotainment and it showed all four tyres as Orange or I am assuming as all with something amis. 

I though it was probably throwing a fit so didnt panic and when I got home I looked a all the wheels and they looked fine.

I will obviously check the tyre pressures tomorrow (too dark when I got home) however short of some one vandalising all my tyres at work, which would really not happen I am assuming that the system threw a fit after the new tyres last week and at the time I should of reset the TPS or could it be something more serious??

What do people think?

Thanks in advance!

You moved the wheels...these new sensors take 1hr to look at & measure not just the rotation, but also the side to side vibrational harmonics for more accurate readings....

Even if you remove a wheel & put back on but not in the exact same alignment it will throw the TPMS warning......

PS I have the VW documents on this for the MK7 Golf which is the same units as your car...

Edited by fabdavrav
  • Like 1

exactly as above.
If you check the pressures, swap the wheels around or change for new/winter/summers you should reset the TPMS system afterwards otherwise it will detect your changes as a change to the system & hence flag a warning.

• Like 1