Fabia Power Steering, Little Bit Of Help Needed

Been a while since I've been on here, last time was to discuss oil consumption on my mother's Fabia VRS, which I must say has been trouble free since it's replacement engine. I do however have a power steering issue, the light came on a couple of weeks ago & after checking all components & wiring I came to the conclusion the pump had failed. I bought a brand new unit which I have fitted but the light will not go out, now I keep reading that they must be coded to the car but the only coding alterations I can find are to do with steering weight. The problem I have is no signal from the G250 sensor in the rack, but this car having ESP doesn't have a G250, instead it has a G85 sensor behind the steering wheel & the 3 terminals in the pump are redundant. Can something be altered in the pump ECU to make it stop looking for the G250 sensor?

The pump is a brand new genuine TRW unit (not sourced from Skoda) & was ordered to the right part number of the old unit

On the old pump was there anything at all plugged into the 3-way connector where G250 would normally go? Just wondering 'cos surely if there's nothing plugged in there, the connector body could fill up with water and potentially eventually get into the unit?

So the coding number visible when autoscanning is the same as it was with old pump?

There is a dummy plug to blank the 3 way connector.

Wasn't able to read anything from the old unit as the ECU would not communicate. I gave the details of the car & the part number printed on the old pump to the supplier who told me it was compatible. The only coding we can see in the new one is 10110, I believe you change the 2nd last digit to alter the steering weights but I can find nothing on how to programme it to a specific car

Ah, I see.

Coding on our mk1 one is 10140, but that's a simple G250-based system. Maybe the first 3 digits get altered to code for a G85 data source?

Have you had a look on the  Ross-Tech site? Heading there myself for a look now.

I did have a quick look but I couldn't seem to find anything........................I'm not used to that site so probably just don't know where to look

I've emailed the pump supplier to see what he can come up with

Edited by StirlingMG

I can't spot anything obvious on RossTech either. 

I guess someone with a similarly equipped Mk2 and VCDS could answer the coding question by looking at any saved autoscan. Unless you have such a record from before the problem?

Anyone????

Edited by Wino

Thanks for trying. Nah I've got no previous info on this car as I've never had to plug anything into it before...................................hopefully as you say someone else might be able to read theirs for me.

Give me a Rover 75 & Testbook T4 any day :-)