"Gurgling" behind centre console

2goat

Had a "gurgling" - tap-tap sound coming intermittently from what sounds like behind the centre console in the 3 years I've had the car.   Thought it might be something  to do with heating ?

Think it needs re-gasing but I'll leave that for couple more months. 

Due another MOT March, NP..  And thanks for those who helped regarding airbag light.. I took it to local garage - C London.  The bloke sent the young lad out with what looked like an android tablet.  He cleared all error's. Wouldn't take any money so I dropped him a "drink."

Octavia 2.  Best car I've ever had for reliability. 

Edited by 2goat

I have a golf with the 1.9 tdi engine.  Its gurgled for as long as i can remeber when i turn the engine off.  It has climate control too if thats relevant.  All water levels are fine and theres no leaks.  Dont think its a problem unless theres other issues along with it.

• 3 weeks later...

Thank for your reply Redfab, gav-is-con... :D  Sorry I didn't get back quicker.  I was thinking it had something to do with the aircon.  It's sort of in that area - sounds like.  Sometime I hear it and other's not..  Only when engines running though. My heater is great by think it need a regas once the weather bucks up.

I had a similar noise to this and it ended up being an A/C leak, the Octys are common to need condensers due to stones piercing holes in them. I also had a leaky pressure sensor. 

Hope this points you in the right direction.