Lowering Spring options and advice

As the title suggests please.

i’ve done a webseach and there are lots of springs available.

I know a few of you run them on your Octavia.

I have a 2017 Octavia VRS estate. 

Can you recommend me some spring please. Name and rough price if you can please. 

H&R are a good choice, quality german made and a decent price. i have these fitted on my 2014 vRS estate. code is on the box label, cheapest price plus postage is ebay.de took three days to arrive, £140 all in.

large.20171211_173209.jpg.057d0f213931072985f63b71b603530c.jpglarge.20171211_202007.jpg.d352ceabb56293193393b7650f6846a8.jpglarge.20171211_173145.jpg.e09913b53945c2a7ba8db81af6772a27.jpg

Edited by JohnnyType2
  • Like 2

The H&R will give you a 25mm drop front and rear.

The other popular option is Eibach Pro Kit which drop 20mm front 10mm rear. I have these but yet to install. Paid £100 from Autodoc who are based in Germany.

Also bit the bullet and have ordered B8 dampers which I am waiting to arrive. Feedback seems to be you can get away with fitting the above springs to standard VRS dampers however but I've just decided to do it properly with matched springs and dampers.

Edited by Kahunajb

+1 to Eibach Pro Kit - link here to the parts catalogue to find the right ones for your specific car. 

Mine dropped between 25-30mm in total, but mainly it now rides like a dream, and like the car should have felt like in the first place (IMHO). Price is relatively high, but they are excellent quality.

Edit: @Kahunajb is right, I went the cheaper route and fitted to standard VRS dampers. Works fine for me, but obv depends on your appetite.

Edited by Ads230

H&R well loaded up on 18” rims and still good ride and plenty of spring left. And H&R with about 20-30k of kit in boot and no other load on 19” rims.12mm spacers too. And it’s done 70k I’m 3 years on those springs with standard shocks and no bother with shocks or bushes yet. 

EABC30EE-7468-4D9C-B380-5BFECEF3E080.jpeg

1711C3D7-5B0F-4272-B62E-FE7C2058133C.jpeg

Edited by Esseesse200

• 2 weeks later...

fitted today!  now cant wait to get the 19s on. :biggrin: to clarify it was already vRS lowered so the figures are from replacing vRS springs.

It feels so much more assured to drive, it does react to bumps and pot holes as harshly and you can really plant it into a corner without feeling like your going to understeer.

before

sidebefore.jpg

measurements

comparison.jpg

looks much better even with 18" Geminis, 20mm H&R spacers on the back and 15mm on the front!

vRS2.jpg

vRS5.jpg

vRS6.jpg

Edited by JohnnyType2
  • Like 3