velvet red or actually corrida red

ArtMac

I have Velvet Red. Looks like a darker shade of Corrida Red when there's no sun but looks brilliant in the sunshine. Unfortunately where we live we have more dull days than sunny, so I am disappointed. Always wanted a red Yeti but the missus wouldn't allow it as she said it looked like a Postman Pat van, but on the Karoq it didn't. We had the Edition so paid and extra £325. If I'd paid £900 on an SE L, I'd have been miffed.

great to her that! i was afraid that it would be the same as corrida. I will be driving it in the european south mostly with lots of sunshine  (I am not based in UK at the moment), needles to say i will be paying for the same specs about 4000 euros more! Proble in italy is that there are not enough cars around to see especially the red ones. I believe the red would bring out a more sporty character!

Metallic red is one of my favourite colours (I had a Triumph motorbike in a lovely shade) and I've been waiting years to have it available in a new car after having a number of cars in various shades of blue and grey. In fact I had consecutive Passats in virtually the same blue due to the restrictive choice. 

And now that it is a possibility it might be too light and bright! :sadsmile:

I need to see it in the "flesh" before I finally decide otherwise it's back to grey! :crying:

Edited by VAGCF

2 minutes ago, VAGCF said:

And now that it is a possibility it might be too light and bright!

to me the more i see it and also from photos shared around it is rather light and bright, which is great for some. I am going fo red at the moment but also looking for grey ones like business grey or quatz grey, but the last one might be too dark for the mediterranean sun!