Esc

On your car i take it that is (Electronic Stability Control)  Front wheels, & Not ESP (Electronic stability program) operating on the back and front.

so maybe someone can confirm that is the same as TC (traction control) or ASR (Anti Slip Regulator),

So put off to get out of snow, if you have snow chains on and such like, 

ie so the car moves, oddly traction control seems to help lose traction / forward motion by nipping the brakes, putting the car off line and being a PITA.

Edited by AwaoffSki

^^^ You mean the ESP (Electronic Stability Program) when fitted as standard or as an option on earlier Fabia MK2.

That needs a fuse pulled. 

If in an Accident the Loss adjuster might be a bit displeased with doing that. But then many never know what was done before they bought a vehicle...)

But for track use, fill your boots.

The ESC as on the front wheels can be turned off if the ESC is just TC / ASR. 

My optional ESP, on manual geared car, turns off. Switch on the dash lights up the display as it being turned off. (Like ABS).

20 minutes ago, mrgf said:

My optional ESP, on manual geared car, turns off. Switch on the dash lights up the display as it being turned off. (Like ABS).

That’s your traction control you can’t turn off the esp. 

Nope... It distinctly says ESP. I had it optioned and it also gave me rear disc brakes too. The ESP button, when left alone, is switched on, press it and it goes off, with the dash light coming ON with picture of car on swervey road! 

1 hour ago, mrgf said:

Nope... It distinctly says ESP. I had it optioned and it also gave me rear disc brakes too. The ESP button, when left alone, is switched on, press it and it goes off, with the dash light coming ON with picture of car on swervey road! 

That only turns off the asr or traction control not the esp. 

I bow to superior knowledge but it strikes me as odd that I optioned ESP and the switch clearly says ESP so I would quite perfectly assume that pressing this will either engage or disengage ESP! It does clearly have an effect on the handling but why switch up and name the system, if it cannot be switched? I get that it MAY be the way newer, now compulsory systems might not be able to be disabled but as an option...

Thanks for all the replies.

I was mistaken, I have an ESP button on the dash so I suppose I must have that! The handbook says that it includes TCS (traction control ) and EDL (diff lock). These would seem to be good things with an automatic on slippery surfaces such as snow or mud.  i do not understand why the handbook should ever recomend turning it off.

Try it.

Because the Electronic Diff Lock and traction control can stop you getting moving in slippy sliding situations.

Nipping a brake and cutting power. 

Watch some you tube video's on it maybe to see.

If you are not in a situation where switching it off is needed then, good, if you are in a situation that the TC / EDL is not helping, 

then try it off, you might find out why then it tells you too in the owners manual.

Edited by AwaoffSki