Bolero Mirrorlink help with Samsung phones

Hi, 

I am struggling to get Mirrorlink work with my Samsung Galaxy S6.
Is this working for anybody with Samsung Galaxy S6 with latest Bolero?

My config:

Skoda Octavia III 2017 facelift Bolero with Smartlink
Samsung Galaxy S6 with Android 7.0
LG Mirrordrive 1.2.2.4
Samsung Mirrorlink 1.1.11
Car Mode for Galaxy ver 6.0.13.3666832
Button Savior app

Once I connect the phone via USB, and click on LG Mirrordrive icon, I got the message that LG mirrorlink is only working and compatible with LG phones.

As per other users feedback, the problem is with Android 7.0. 
It was working with Android 6.0, however I see some people is reporting that it is working with Android 7.0 as well.

I watched a lot of youtube How To videos, but I still couldn't get it work.

Do you guys have experience with Mirrolink for Bolero with Android 7.0?

Thanks for the feedback.

FGD

Mirrorlink is not anything to write home about - Android Auto is much better.

Only think remotely interesting about Mirrorlink would be Sygic (in a very castrated and old UI version).

Waze on Android Auto is much superior.

As to your specific question, for me to get Mirrorlink working on my Samsung Galaxy S7 edge, I need to toggle it on in the USB settings of the phone.

Then, when you plug the phone to the car it will ask you if you want to use Mirrorlink or android auto, depending on what you have installed on phone.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

My wife's S6 worked fine with Mirrorlink, whilst my then Nexus 6P didn't (I think Google favour their own AA).

Her new S8 and my Pixel 2 work fine with AA so we've never bothered since with Mirrorlink.

I'm puzzled though why the options refer to LG Mirrordrive. Mirrorlink is independant of phone brands. Has an LG phone been used in the car in the past?

Sorry I can't be more help, other than to say we've had an S6 working with Mirrorlink via Skoda's Smartlink on a 2016 Bolero (in a Yeti).

• Thanks 1

Try using android auto. mirrorlink has largely been superseded  by it to stop people using phone functions while driving that are technicaly illegal.  The things you shouldn't be looking at whilst driving for safety reasons.

• Thanks 1

Thanks guys for all of you. 

Yes, I am familiar with Android Auto, and I am using it regularly with Waze.

The reason why I am asking, because I want to use other apps like Youtube, GMail, Text Messages, Video playback, etc. when the car is not in motion.

I heard that problems is related with Android 7.0. Before the update it was working well with Android 6.

LG Mirrordrive is needed because this is the starting app as per YT videos for mirroring.

I still hope there is someone around here who could get this sort out.

Br,

FGD

Good luck FGD. As you use AA now you'll know it supports the main message apps. But not Gmail or video stuff, being designed for safe and legal use in the car. I appreciate you're wanting it for when the car is parked up.

If you do get a solution I'd be interested :thumbup: