So long, farewell, auf wiedersehen, goodbye!

1 hour ago, Ads230 said:

TBH, mine (same spec as Stu's but in manual) also gets a few looks - maybe due to the black monte carlo badges etc. / noise, but I love the Octavia's understatement. And as a long-termer, the customisability is also great (since I don't care about resale value right now...)

Gotta love those Monte Carlo badges on a black car

20170925_111253.jpg

• Like 3

14 hours ago, JohnnyType2 said:

......."I should have said "should have bought a volvo", 

Ahh! A Volvo. Now you're talking.

Sad to see you go. Good luck with Alfa, here in Croatia it's known to break down and always having problems... not a favorite brand.

Good luck with the Alfa. I had a 156 Twin Spark Selespeed Veloce back in 2001. Great to drive and felt special inside and out at the time. Unfortunately the car was let down by poor build quality and an abysmal dealer network. 

Alfa have worked hard to improve things in the UK but the experience has put me off.

Not nearly as bad as the French cars I've owned though. 

Lee

1 hour ago, logiclee said:

Good luck with the Alfa. I had a 156 Twin Spark Selespeed Veloce back in 2001. Great to drive and felt special inside and out at the time. Unfortunately the car was let down by poor build quality and an abysmal dealer network. 

Alfa have worked hard to improve things in the UK but the experience has put me off.

Not nearly as bad as the French cars I've owned though. 

Lee

Yeah, I had a GT a few years back and it let me down frequently. Still loved it though.

I think Alfa are in a different place now, and thankfully if the worst happens I have 3 years of warranty and breakdown included :D. They're aiming for a higher segment now and general consensus is that they're as solid and reliable as any German rival ... Not that it says much with the number of failures BMW and Audi drivers face!

Agree again with the dealer network - thankfully I live near(ish) to the UKs best Alfa dealer, Beechdale in Derby, where I've bought mine from. I'm only 20 mins from Research Garage in Nuneaton too who are also reportedly fairly decent.