Any one got there Karoq edition yet

George1468

When I went to visit my dealer yesterday to sign some paperwork I asked him about this issue, and he was completely unaware of it and had no information to offer.

Rather worrying that dealerships are not being kept informed. :blink:

4 minutes ago, Macdemon said:

When I went to visit my dealer yesterday to sign some paperwork I asked him about this issue, and he was completely unaware of it and had no information to offer.

Rather worrying that dealerships are not being kept informed. :blink:

I'll be wanting the PCP figures changing when I go in. The purchase price & GFV both need lowering accordingly. I'd expect to still pay the same each month, but the car's value after the term will be less & I don't want to be out of pocket.

There is also the issue of whether the various wireless chargers that have been installed are safe or not. Should they be removed? How will customers be compensated etc. Seems VAG haven’t thought this out at all.

57 minutes ago, Jfhuk said:

There is also the issue of whether the various wireless chargers that have been installed are safe or not. Should they be removed? How will customers be compensated etc. Seems VAG haven’t thought this out at all.

That is why I asked about it, I assume when I pick mine up today, built week 9 that it’s got it on. So for safety reasons I have a concern, but now I know I will just make sure the wifey does not put her phone and womens junk in there. 

Edited by Karman

27 minutes ago, Karman said:

That is why I asked about it, I assume when I pick mine up today, built week 9 that it’s got it on. So for safety reasons I have a concern, but now I know I will just make sure the wifey does not put her phone and womens junk in there. 

Definitely don't put your junk in there.

You don't want that being overheated! :D

• Haha 1

Just spoke to the dealers about it and apparently it won't be on any car after BW14. Mine was originally BW14, but now unconfirmed for BW19 so waiting to hear if its OK, or if not, what compensation they can offer.

Was one of the main reasons I plumped for an Edition over the SEL, so will be annoying if it's missing.

2 hours ago, monkey153 said:

Just spoke to the dealers about it and apparently it won't be on any car after BW14. Mine was originally BW14, but now unconfirmed for BW19 so waiting to hear if its OK, or if not, what compensation they can offer.

Was one of the main reasons I plumped for an Edition over the SEL, so will be annoying if it's missing.

Mine is build week 14 but still hasn't been finished.

By after week 14 do you mean that from week 15 they won't have them?

1 minute ago, pheebs said:

Mine is build week 14 but still hasn't been finished.

By after week 14 do you mean that from week 15 they won't have them?

Yes I think thats what they meant on the basis that mine was BW14 originally and they said if that was still the case, it would have the wireless charging.

Suggest you check though as there doesnt appear to be any certainty.

Dealer also said it was nothing to do with overheating, but couldnt say what the reason was.

Just had a call from my dealership RE: the phone charging issue.

Skoda have put a block on all vehicle registrations and releases until a fix for this problem has been implemented.   :crying:

This could be as simple as putting a warning sticker on the phone box are and getting customers to sign a disclaimer, or maybe put a blanking fuse in place to break the circuit to prevent overheating.

The problem is being caused by people putting coins, keys etc where the phone goes causing the overheating problem.

If this is the case, why don't other manufacturers report the same issues, unless they have already actioned appropriate preventative measures??  

If it hadn't been for this I could have collected it tomorrow.

1 hour ago, monkey153 said:

Yes I think thats what they meant on the basis that mine was BW14 originally and they said if that was still the case, it would have the wireless charging.

Suggest you check though as there doesnt appear to be any certainty.

Dealer also said it was nothing to do with overheating, but couldnt say what the reason was.

I’d love to see something official from Skoda or VAG, as I think until we do, it’s difficult to ascertain what’s really going on. There must be something seriously wrong otherwise why did the whole VAG group stop installing them?

Well, I'm still meeting the dealer tomorrow as we had originally planned as the Yeti insurance expires at 10.30am, so that will stay with the dealer.

I could reinstate the insurance until I collect the Karoq but change of details incurs me a £20 admin charge which I'm keen to avoid, and I would need to change it back to the karl nearer the time too, another £20.

The dealer is offering me a Fabia Monte Carlo while the phone box issue is ongoing which I've accepted.  Would have been a Kodiaq Edition, but that has the same issue so they are reluctant to loan it out which I can understand.

I'll just have to be patient a bit longer.

7 minutes ago, nicks500 said:

I was going to pick up my new car tomorrow and Skoda UK are stopping the dealer from giving it to me because of this

I'm in the same boat as you.  :crying:

6 minutes ago, nicks500 said:

but the point is I am not stupid, tell me not to use the wireless charging and I wont

Others might use it and there lies the problem.  

11 minutes ago, nicks500 said:

but the point is I am not stupid, tell me not to use the wireless charging and I wont

Although you bought a car with it and it now seems the feature might be removed. Would you accept delivery of a car that's not the spec you ordered?

thats right..... so Skoda in the middle of the night steal everyones Skoda's from their garages and drives to stop them from using wireless charging or break into their cars and take fuse number 16 from the fuse box to disable the charger, or just get me to sign a disclaimer that I won't use the charger

1 minute ago, Mark1982 said:

Although you bought a car with it and it now seems the feature might be removed. Would you accept delivery of a car that's not the spec you ordered?

Airplay doesn't work wirelessly so I will have to use cable anyway

My Kodiaq was built in week 15 (still in Emden awaiting shipment). Luckily someone decided to remove the charger, so hopefully i can still pick it up in early May.

Just now, Mark1982 said:

But you've paid for the charger as part of the spec....

So give me a refund but the car is already late, I booked holiday off which I might as well cancel as I cant go anywhere, my car insurance starts tomorrow and you think I am worried about a charger that I will use maybe once a year, sorry but you are talking to someone who wants the car that he has paid for and is paying for. 

25 minutes ago, nicks500 said:

So give me a refund but the car is already late, I booked holiday off which I might as well cancel as I cant go anywhere, my car insurance starts tomorrow and you think I am worried about a charger that I will use maybe once a year, sorry but you are talking to someone who wants the car that he has paid for and is paying for. 

I agree, I would willingly take the car without wireless charging as it's not really a big deal to me.

I am pleased I picked mine up yesterday, I would have been really :devil: off after waiting for the back seats to finish the build waiting since bw9, anyway we have gone on a trip in the car today and I put my nearly battery flat Samsung 8 in the charger and after 2hours it hardly put any charge back in the battery and the phone was only warm, So not to sure what the fuss is about. Well done to my dealer and sales person by the way who prioritised my pdi.

• Like 1