Single Stage Paint Correction with DA

Wardy

Anyone had any experience? Just wondering in terms of what pads are best suited.

It's for work on my '93 Eunos, which generally have quite soft paint. So will probably go for a light/medium cut.

This pad chart guide might be of help to you?

I can't speak from experience as I've still yet to use my D.A but if it was me I would try from the least cutting/polishing pad (like a green pad) & work my way up to an orange pad, a one stage product with a green pad can be good enough with great results if you don't have much time (like this video)

Chemical Guys Hex Pad Chart.jpg

Edited by BATVANVRS
picture

Cheers, I'm fine with the various pad options. It was more what works best on paint without clearcoat, and which work best from experience and prevent clogging. Also reducing heat build up.

I've been out of the detailing game for a little while but I know the Menzerna polishes were great for a "one hit wonder" polish, even the more compound like ones had diminishing abrasive particles so you start off this lots of cut/correction but as you work the polish those particles break down so the polish becomes finer.

I rarely used a cutting pad with the stuff, just a medium polishing pad.  Start off with a fair amount of pressure then gradually ease off when it starts going white, spraying with quick detailer to stop it drying out completely.  When the polish can be easily wiped away with a mf cloth you're usually done :)