Diesel paranoia...

Currently driving my 4yr old Octy vRS Diesel and loving everything about it....(but) - there's always one of them isn't there?

My PCP is about to expire meaning it's decision time....do I stick with it, or change to a petrol?

We all know what's in the news nowadays re: diesels, plus I only do about 8K p.a. So, shall I stick with I've got, or go with (as the Mrs would prefer...) a smaller VW Golf Gti/R... or even another GTD that she would also occasionally drive.

My main concern with getting another Diesel, is it's re-sale value.....

At 8k miles p.a. I’d be in a petrol anyway, irrespective of diesel concerns. 

Smoother drive, less pollution, far more fun if and when you give it some beans.... 

22 minutes ago, WillieHeck said:

I think they're now (almost) TOAST!

New take on Carbon production :devil:

On a serious note with your mileage probably best to stick to petrol, lower rev tourque not quite a good but oooohhh forgot about high rev "zing".

Saying that dealers struggling to shift diesels now so there may be some amazing diesel deals!

Edited by bigjohn

Unless your doing weekly trips over 30 miles i’d definately avoid diesel.

I’ve got a diesel and I’m doing lower mileage and more short trips now. I’ve noticed a lot more regens going on, so the fuel consumption’s gone way up.