Judder under braking

vRS G60

My 2010 1.2 TSI DSG has developed a slight judder under braking. New discs  on the rear a couple of months ago. Front discs are slightly worn, about 1mm lip.

Looking on Euro Car Parts there are 2 discs available 19mm thick & 22mm thick other than trying to measure the old disc over years of rust any ideas as to which thickness?

Oh and why can't I now search for titles only in a specific forum? 

Typing in "disc" and clicking titles only brings up a few threads in this forum yet doing a Google search brings up other threads in the forum with disc in the title that are not listed!

vRS G60, years ago you could buy a set of disc pads with grinding paste on them.

Fit them like ordinary pads but brake very gently for 100 miles.

The paste surfaced the old discs & used to take the high spots off.

Don't know if they are available any more?? 

Paste .All sounds a bit dodgy,It might take off high spots but will damage the pads and will be of no good whatsoever if the discs are warped,new discs are quite a cheap to replace now

• Like 1

Guest FurryFriend

1mm wear shouldn't make the discs judder if it's even wear, but only a digital run out gauge will detect warp, in which case they're scrap. Skimming isn't an economical  option. 

I'd be checking the pads, pins and caliper mounts to eliminate any other possibilities. Caliper bolts can and do work loose. They shouldn't, but they do, even with loctite. 

Like Sad says, new discs are cheap for what they do, and so barring other issues I'd go for new discs and pads.