KESSY key setting of store alarm

Is anyone else experiencing setting store alarms off with KESSY key. Every time I enter or leave my local Tesco store the alarm goes off. The only change is the KESSY key in my pocket so can only assume this is setting it off. Anyone else experiencing the same?

Interesting you should say that. I've noticed the last couple of times leaving a big M&S the alarm has gone off. I just assumed the till person hadn't deactivated one of the anti-theft tags on something I'd bought (and that may well be the case). Going back tomorrow - will get SWMBO to go through separately with shopping but without keys and see what happens.

So in the interests of Briskoda science we played with the M&S alarm this afternoon. Short answer - it isn't the kessy that sets off the alarm. But a slightly odd question - do you by any chance wear a  Fitbit @PSM? SWMBO set it off (sans kessy) and we think it may be that. Just a thought - either that or she is a secret shoplifter...:biggrin:

• Haha 1

My wife has a Fitbit but I do not. The only thing different is I am now carrying the chrome KESSY key. Went into Tesco today without KESSY key as I was in my T4 and no alarm. Will see what happens next time when in the Superb.

On 24/03/2018 at 10:04, BriskodaJeff said:

Interesting you should say that. I've noticed the last couple of times leaving a big M&S the alarm has gone off. I just assumed the till person hadn't deactivated one of the anti-theft tags on something I'd bought (and that may well be the case). Going back tomorrow - will get SWMBO to go through separately with shopping but without keys and see what happens.

Stop stealing Percy Pigs then! 

On 3/23/2018 at 22:02, PSM said:

Is anyone else experiencing setting store alarms off with KESSY key. Every time I enter or leave my local Tesco store the alarm goes off. The only change is the KESSY key in my pocket so can only assume this is setting it off. Anyone else experiencing the same?

Are you sure you dont have one of those little tags on some item of clothing that you need to cut off? That was the root cause for me when I was setting off store alarms randomly. I had bought some clothes in the states and forgot to cut off the tags that actually say please remove :)

1 minute ago, Caolan said:

Are you sure you dont have one of those little tags on some item of clothing that you need to cut off? That was the root cause for me when I was setting off store alarms randomly. I had bought some clothes in the states and forgot to cut off the tags that actually say please remove :)

Good idea but no as it has happened multiple times with different clothes and also when wearing clothes I have had for a good length of time with no issues. In fact over the weekend the Saturday trip to Tesco was in the same clothes as the one on Sunday. Saturday I had the KESSY key and the alarm went off but on Sunday I did not have the KESSY key and no alarm went off.