DPF question

Hi everyone this is my first post....I have just purchased a 44000 mile Fabia Estate 2012 with a 1.2tdi Greenline 75bhp engine.

As well as any tips you guys can give me about maintaining the car (all suggestion's welcome) i would like to know  when the DPF starts to regenerate I.E speed, RPM and engine temperature.

Thanks in advance for any replies

Paul 

Edited by BradfordFab

The most important thing is to do journeys that allow your engine to get up to normal temperature and stay hot for 20 to 30 minutes. If your journeys are long enough the DPF will look after itself. Oil and filter changes must be strictly adhered to (every 10k or 12 monthly which ever comes soonest). So if your trips are short commutes pootling around town a DPF diesel is not for you need to trade in for a petrol car.

The engine management will raise tickover to 1k when a regen is taking place but it will also do this in winter in cold conditions or when the battery is low so there is no sure way to know when a regen is happening.

Try not to worry and just enjoy the car. If it suits your type of journey it will all run fine. Do not worry about the burning smell when you stop either it is just the DPF being warmed up to burn off the trapped particles.

m8t Thankyou for the reply.....i guess i should have done my research before i bought the car as i only do short 10 minute journeys through the week to work...I do use the car at weekends for Motorway journeys at least a couple of times a month and this was the reason i went for an economical engine ...... Are well i thing the challenge for me is to try and work out ways of looking after the emission control devices on the car..... Never had a diesel before so its a learning curve for me. Fine on the oil changes i do and have always maintained my cars to high standards and thats the plan with this one. Cheers for now

I'm a fellow Greenline2 owner and think it's a good car. Had it two years with no DPF issues, light came on once but cleared itself a few minutes later.

You will also notice that start-stop is disabled when the regen is in progress.