Availability of the 1.4TSI

Hello everyone

Can anyone shed any light on the availability of the 1.4TSI DSG?

I was looking to order this week but then got told by a dealer that the engine was being removed from the lineup and no new factory orders were being accepted. However, he has contacted me today to say that there seens to be availability for this engine with the DSG and the 4x4.

I need a factory order as I have a few options I would like to add.

Thanks

Mark.

15 minutes ago, Mark1982 said:

Hello everyone

Can anyone shed any light on the availability of the 1.4TSI DSG?

I was looking to order this week but then got told by a dealer that the engine was being removed from the lineup and no new factory orders were being accepted. However, he has contacted me today to say that there seens to be availability for this engine with the DSG and the 4x4.

I need a factory order as I have a few options I would like to add.

Thanks

Mark.

Wait a few weeks for the new 1.5 engine to come on the spec.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, bripat said:

Wait a few weeks for the new 1.5 engine to come on the spec.

Thanks although reviews seem to indicate the 1.5 isn't as smooth. And of course no guarantee of 2k deposit contribution, 1k fuel card and 2 free services.

Best grab the deals with the incentive to get rid of the vehicles that will be discontinued.

If buying a keeper for a good few years then maybe worth it.

If Leasing then it will hardly matter if they are not very desirable in 2020/21 as a used car.

Maybe more than a few weeks until they have the engines with Gasoline Particulate Filters & then the Real World Co2 g/km and fuel results, and vehicles they can sell from September 

after the current ones are no longer on sale, those that were tested under the old system that allowed cheating to give the results.

If in doubt about a 1.5 TSI EVO go drive one in some other Model and see compared to a 1.4TSI.

Don't go by reviews by someone you do not know and are unlikely ever to meet.

Edited by AwaoffSki

11 minutes ago, Mark1982 said:

Thanks although reviews seem to indicate the 1.5 isn't as smooth. And of course no guarantee of 2k deposit contribution, 1k fuel card and 2 free services.

A risk yes but think the 2k deposit will stay not sure about fuel card, plus the new engine will add about £3/400 I bet .

Dealer said he thinks the deposit will stay but it's rare that the fuel card or servicing will continue.

I'm interested to know whether the 1.4 is still available rather than opinions on whether the 1.4 or the 1.5 is better. Dealers seem unsure!

Use Skoda UK's customer service live chat function, worked a treat for me, they disappear for 10 minutes and either speak to their product managers or contact the factory directly while you're online...

Capture.thumb.JPG.4b19b09bda280d08818e24b8e6035aa0.JPG

I was told the new Kodiaq production line is being modified to accept the 1.5 TSI during the summer shut-down (week 32 / 6th August 2018) to coincide with the move from MY18 to MY19.

It stands to reason that they'll need to stop orders of the 1.4 TSI prior to this date to ensure that when the factory opens back up the order book is clear of the 1.4 TSI.

When this is though is anyone's guess. Surely as soon as the 1.4 TSI becomes unorderable the 1.5 TSI will then be available instead?

To be in a situation where the 1.4 TSI can't be ordered at the same time as the new 1.5 TSI remains unavailable to order seems daft, and unlikely?

I deliberately ordered a few weeks ago as I wanted to ensure I got the 1.4 TSI, I don't want the 1.5 TSI. This engine is all about improved fuel consumption and reduced emissions, which in my experience come at a cost, usually refinement, power, durability or all three.

The 1.4 TSI is a well proven engine and the one to go for in my opinion*.

* note, I haven't driven a 1.5 TSI, all of the above is my opinion only! See this thread...

Either way, your only way to know for sure is to contact Skoda UK. Please let us know what you hear.

I also heard that the £2,000 Skoda Solutions finance contribution will continue into quarter 2, but that the £1,000 pre-loaded Mastercard and 2x free services will disappear. They might be replaced with something more attractive but it is often noted that Q2 deals are less attractive than those offered in Q1.

Edited by silver1011

Same with the early news of stopping the Yeti production from one of the UK's biggest Skoda Dealership Groups. 

Total dross from 'Sale Executives', even actual Dealer Principals, even Skoda UK Customer Services.

Then the whole is there is there not order books closed on the vRS 230 & 245 Octavia.

Lots of production / order book closing for Euro 6 Vehicles Diesel & Petrol as they will not be getting Real World Testing 

as the current Official Test results are fiction.

Late this year and then on different vehicles will be getting First Registered.

No more 1.4 TSI / 1.4 TSFI be that with ACT / COD or not.

Order Books closed on the Golf GTE.  Engine kidology on Co2 g/km results, people use the engine not just the electric motor.

The others like the Passat / Audi A3 Hybrid will be the same if not already.  Closed Order Books.

Edited by AwaoffSki

It's all very messy. It seems they have few cars they can sell at the moment!

I suppose I could look at the 2.0 TSI or the VW Tiguan Allspace which seems to be still available in the 1.4 with the DSG- 7 Speed. Any thoughts on this?

?

Are you buying and keeping a few years, or leasing?

I would get a 1.5 TSI EVO as the better engine IMO having driven various 1.4 TSI and a couple of 1.5TSI. 

the Euro 6 1.4 TSI / TFSI s being dropped for a reason just as the 1.2 TSI / TFSI was.

End of an evolving engine production, like many VW Group ones, out of production, they are happy as Larry, 

they see you right with the Warranty until it is out, then you are on your own...

Edited by AwaoffSki

6 minutes ago, silver1011 said:

I'm pretty sure the Tiguan Allspace is as every bit as good as the Kodiaq, but you'll always get more for your money with the Skoda.

You'd think that but if you go for the 

SEL and add a few bits.... Leather etc, and use Carwow the pricing is very similar. The 1.4 Allspace comes with the 7 speed DSG if that makes any significant difference to things.

The carwow price is your starting point, some people take the carwow price to their local dealer and ask them to match it.

I was able to get a further £2,900 off the carwow price by playing a few dealers off each other.

Are VW dealers willing to negotiate below the carwow price? If so then an Allspace could be a better bet.

I'm not clued up on the latest DSG boxes but be sure the 7-speed is the better box versus the 6-speed version Skoda use on the 1.4 TSI. Wet or dry etc.

I actually prefer the look of the Kodiaq (Scout) and brand image of Skoda vs. VW, but I appreciate this comes down to personal preference.

As the car is a keeper then it is important you get some test drives under your belt before making a decision.

Update on the current ordering position.

Tried to order a 1.4TSI DSG 4x4 Edition today but the dealer said that the ordering system wont accept any orders for the 1.4.

Nothing similar in the pipeline available to buy.

Can anyone confirm that it will be week 32/33 before production of the 1.5 starts?

If so, with the current car going back at the end of June it looks like Skoda have lost a future customer. 

Yes, according to my dealer (in The Netherlands) production for MY2019 (with the 1.5TSI) starts in week 32/33. Orders for the 1.4 TSI 150hp are still accepted over here and probably changed to the 1.5 TSI eventually. The 1.4TSI 125hp is no longer available since last week.

I ordered an 1.4TSI 150hp with DSG6 2 weeks ago.

Edited by BramBam

1 hour ago, eastendpar said:

Update on the current ordering position.

Tried to order a 1.4TSI DSG 4x4 Edition today but the dealer said that the ordering system wont accept any orders for the 1.4.

Nothing similar in the pipeline available to buy.

Can anyone confirm that it will be week 32/33 before production of the 1.5 starts?

If so, with the current car going back at the end of June it looks like Skoda have lost a future customer. 

Don't take your dealers word for it, speak to Skoda UK customer services.

If it isn't possible to order the 1.4 then you should be able to instead order the 1.5.

What is the current car, is it a Skoda and is in on a lease (PCH)? If so then Skoda will extend the lease for 3 months for the same monthly payment and prorata the mileage. Beyond that if you can provide them with an order number for a new Skoda they'll then extend the lease indefinitely until the new car arrives.

Also, be sure to ask what current 1.4 build slots are available. When we ordered our 1.4 TSI a few weeks ago the dealer was able to see what brand new cars were in stock in Skoda's airfield storage location here in the UK, those without owners at the docks in Emden and the allocated build slots in the factory again without confirmed customers.

Skoda aren't daft, they'll have stockpiled 1.4 engined cars to cover the gap between the 1.4 and 1.5 engine swap in the plant. They might not be the exact spec as a tailored factory build but you might be able to negotiate a good deal on a car with the same or more features than you want.

Edited by silver1011

Thanks very much for the help.

The dealer has been able to find a couple of cars in stock in the UK but nothing close to what I am after.

So very little stock and nothing available for months. Current car is not a Skoda so extending the lease is not an option.

Can't believe that Skoda can't plan things better than this.

Looks like I have to look for another manufacturer who can deliver what I want in a reasonable time frame.

It's a shame.  

Have a look at the VW Tiguan Allspace. The SEL is a nice spec and has some things which are extra cost in the Skoda. The 1.4 Petrol TSI is still available and comes with the 7 speed DSG.

Edited by Mark1982

Dealers in Norway also  confirms week 32/33 for MY19.
its all down to the new emissons regulation WLTP. Its a huge and time consuming job to figure out the correct mpg/co2/nox with all the versions with or without extras.