MK1 Fabia VRS. Changing the Sump & Mass Airflow Sensor.

LewHold

Hi Guys, I haven't posted in a long while. Ive ordered a new sump due to the plug just spinning in the pan, I managed to temporarily fix with helicoil insert but its slowly leaking a small amount of oil. Is this a straight forward job or is there any tricks to it/or anything to be wary of when doing so?

Also, after fitting a new turbo after the old one shat itself (excuse my French) I seem to have developed a boost leak or something. I initially thought it was coming from the small joining hose from the bottom of the intercooler (standard) however after replacing this, the problem still persists and I'm fed up of the masses of black smoke, the loud hissing and massive loss of power. Everything was cleaned thoroughly including the EGR, Intercooler, oil feed pipe. I cannot work out where the issue lies. So thats problem one, I spoke to a mechanic and he advised me to change the mass air flow sensor. I'm not too clued up as to why, I have minimal mechanical skills but I managed to do all the other jobs myself, so I aim to carry on the same way, is the mass air flow sensor easy to replace and will it make the blindest bit of difference to my problem?

Any words of wisdom are kindly appreciated.

Neither of these tasks would really be classed as general maintenance, so you'd be far better off asking in the Mk1 Fabia subforum. More people with model-specific knowledge will see it there.