Warranty cover for an extended warranty

I bought my car last year at the end of April as used approved (reg 2014)  and it came with a 1-year warranty.  My sensor for high beam assist it not working. I went to Skoda dealer and they told me is not covered by warranty.  When they gave me the paper there is not specified what is covered and what is not covered by that warranty. I Tried to find out why is not covered and they do not tell me anything than that it is not covered by warranty. Where can I find out what is covered by my warranty?

What can I do in this situation?

Thanks.

You should have received a booklet with your approved used car that details it. If not, you can view this online copy which details what is and what isn't covered:

https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://www.vwfsinsuranceportal.co.uk/Documents/Skoda/25039_SKODA_NON_VWG_AUW_doc_v9.pdf&ved=2ahUKEwi4-5OyxJjaAhVKBcAKHQvqCkAQFjACegQIARAB&usg=AOvVaw3TnfQu5Nxh188QQdGuJGyu

I found that my dealer wasn't particularly prepared to push warranty claims for minor things when I had the same cover. Even though there was no specific exclusion for the item in question. The consensus appears that Dealers only get a small amount of time to fault find for warranty claims and I believe they get paid less for the work too if approved. 

Do you have another dealer within a reasonable distance who may be a bit more willing?

Does lane assist not work either, or does that work fine?

• Like 1

Ask the Dealer Principal in writing to provide the Insurance Policy Booklet with the T&C's,  the Warranty is an Insurance Policy and a Financial Agreement.

So those selling it need to provide the document.

& remember to name the Dealership and the Dealer Principal so that other potential Customers know the Customer Service they might expect.

& tell the new Head of Skoda UK Rod McLeod, 2 months in the job now,

because he has a lot to sort out with Franchised Skoda Dealerships & after Sales. Earn back the reputation they had that Dealership Employees seem to have ruined in the past few years.

http://skoda.co.uk/about-us/contact-us 

Edited by AwaoffSki
  • Thanks 1

On 4/1/2018 at 08:27, ahenners said:

You should have received a booklet with your approved used car that details it. If not, you can view this online copy which details what is and what isn't covered:

https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://www.vwfsinsuranceportal.co.uk/Documents/Skoda/25039_SKODA_NON_VWG_AUW_doc_v9.pdf&ved=2ahUKEwi4-5OyxJjaAhVKBcAKHQvqCkAQFjACegQIARAB&usg=AOvVaw3TnfQu5Nxh188QQdGuJGyu

I found that my dealer wasn't particularly prepared to push warranty claims for minor things when I had the same cover. Even though there was no specific exclusion for the item in question. The consensus appears that Dealers only get a small amount of time to fault find for warranty claims and I believe they get paid less for the work too if approved. 

Do you have another dealer within a reasonable distance who may be a bit more willing?

Does lane assist not work either, or does that work fine?

The lane assist does not work either. Do you know the reason?

If the dealer sold you a warranty on the understanding everything would be covered (other than wear and tear) but didn't provided you with information regarding that warranty, that is clearly mis-selling / misleading.  As far as I'm aware your camera should be covered under Skoda's warranty. 

As above write to dealer principal. Might be worth mentioning that if his dealership don't fix the problem, you'll have the fault repeaired elsewhere and if they refuse to pay in full for those repairs, you'll seek compensation in full via small claims court.

• 2 weeks later...

I called them and they said my car need to be booked again and run a diagnostic, which I have to pay for it,(£105) and they will take it from there. The diagnostic was done once and they had the code but I do not know why they want to do it again. They blame my dash cam, but I am sure nobody had any problem with any sensor because of a dash cam. What do you think happens in here?  Also, I did not receive any Skoda Approved Booklet when I bought the car and they gave me the warranty.