Do people still do group buys ? Do you think numbers might allow for a Revo group buy if allowed?

Would you buy Revo if price dropped via a Groupbuy?  

20 members have voted

1. 1. Would you buy Revo if price dropped via a Groupbuy?

• Yes
    • No I'd buy a DTUK instead

Sounds good. I'm aware that Revo offer a 'try before you buy' type option.

I can't see me saying 'please take off the map, my car is too quick' but may help secure additional business on the day for REVO if this is something they can offer? JMTPW 

This was to guage feedback on one particular brand of map, sorry if I'd though about it I could have made it more multiple choice !

But this has guaged interest in just Revo in this case of this thread, if you needed one I would suggest maybe a single direct seperate thread may be in order and see what interest? Otherwise this will lose some momentum. Sorry it is what it is, so roll with it I say.

46 minutes ago, Jonny5ive said:

Sounds good. I'm aware that Revo offer a 'try before you buy' type option.

I can't see me saying 'please take off the map, my car is too quick' but may help secure additional business on the day for REVO if this is something they can offer? JMTPW 

Nah the idea or impression I got for St Ives I think is this is a normal GB whereby you put your name down so I don't think the idea is to turn up on the day and expect to get an offer, I don't think that is how it works.

Perhaps the open day aspect mentioned confuses matters slightly so try to think of it as traditional buy but happened to be arranged on a Saturday to be applied at a particular dealer where they welcome Revo to their premises to do the maps

( they are a revo dealer offering to host revo to apply maps for customers who have previously arranged the group buy, hosting the space and offering a few goodies in return ?).

Also happening to be open day with freebies, food etc, you could be welcome to turn up but if you weren't name down on the original arrangement you can't really expect to roll up and be entitled to the same that others had gone through effort to deposit on, etc.? But you might get a free roll lol.

By all means do speak to them and confirm that if you put deposit and weren't happy at the day for any reason they would be happy to refund and return to stock.

I've put it out there now, no more I can do for right than that, noting this has taken precidence as a Revo GB discussion,

so please raise new threads for any other suppliers by all means ?

Please be vocal if you aren't happy/ are happy, are interested. aren't interested,

but pease let me know so we can confirm if the potential numbers transpire into "real" numbers ? I think we can start a "real" Group buy and can do the necessary of contacting admins ?

PS For St Ives they confirmed you would be just paying deposit directly to them and rest on balance of having map done so this is purely administrative work to make it happen

As far as I'm concerned I'm just a "minion" to try and make it happen. If I hear from Northampton it may work similarly T.B.C if they confirm interest, depending on interest for either but for sake of argument St Ives is the only one confirmed with Revo AFAIK.

Either way I think at least 10 are needed for St Ives or Northampton with the forementioned suggested to overlap with an open day, with the latter yet to be determined if they are 100% interested not even clear on what basis but there was potential interest.

There might be others potentially up for this  but then it just gets silly, and as I'm doing the legwork I opted for 1) one closest to me and 2) one further out ( St Ives) but was originally mentioned in past group buys so made sense.

What say ? Contact admins now and move and edit this into the Group buy, can I get some provisional confirmed names if you are definitely interested to proceed ?

Might have a chat with Quattro tech again tomorrow as I never realised they had a Peterborough branch and that may be more popular. The answer might be no though lol

For sake of clarity its actually St Ives in Huntingdon PE27 3WR , NOT St Ives In Cornwall. Funny how the brain works.

I haven't called Peterborough as I was right when I recognised the 01480 code thinking it was relatively local, its NOT the St Ives in the SW which I panicked about y/day.

- Cambs region should be central enough for a lot of people -

Look, I'm going to park this here now as waiting to be transferred to official group buy by someone else - as I haven't heard a single person  to commit interest and lost interest in waiting, but someone can pick up the momentum as a formal group buy, I've done the first part ?

Unless I get some show of s reasonable amount of names confirming that its worth contacting admins to recreate on the official GB.

I give up for now no feedback on main thread or from preGB starter PM. Now reassessing my options.

Please do take the momentum if you feel and raise a new thread, the apathy / lack of feedback to proceed has done for me.

Maybe this is a signal 20% discount they touted isn't enough of a game changer to warrant interest. Fair enough.

Can't say that I received a PM??

Sometimes Group Buys take a bit of time to gather momentum.  I think there is possibly a lack of clarity/confusion in terms of what is on offer.

I for one have the following questions:-

Have you had a firm commitment from the service provider?

What engine types are covered on the Group Buy?

What is the confirmed discount versus the 'normal' price?

What commitment is needed financally to confirm a place and by what date?

Who and how do we pay? 

It went to SkodiRS  mentioned on the GB thread. Sorry if this was wrong

Yes I had in pretty much no uncertain terms had a pretty clear offer that Quattro tech were prepared to host a day for remaps where Revo were in attendance, it was just down to someone to organise figures/numbers to make it worthwhile.

In answer to your other questions and relating to the basis behind the offer:

I've done some ground work on a revo remap speaking directly to Quattro tech, they have verbally agreed the following and happy to host a discount open day.

1) Some detail of product/service being bought and if possible, a web page for more information:
  onlyrevo.com qualifying remaps ( vRS 2.0 petrol/ diesel etc). excludes some like 1.6tdi, conditions for exclusion is basically those that need bench work to apply maps like that example.

2) The standard price and discounted price.
- 20% for qualifying cars, most, but excluding some models from the GB that are not cost effective normally to remap

3) The minimum number of people required to qualify for discounted price.
I think they said 10+ but can be confirmed.

4) A set time limit over which the buy is to be run.
Not a time limit but Quattro tech are willing to host an "open day". They will just host the open day but accept Revo into their location on a Saturday shut for normal business and lay on food etc.

First, the forum must get participants to all agree roughly a date, say as soon as May, this would be hosted.

My understanding they should be able to take a £100 deposit directly themselves ONCE we have confirmed the minimum names / numbers / interest but we do need to get some names to confirm the interest