Time from Emden

Just now, exFiesta said:

Yes, I am :)  sadly I appear to have missed the boat though.

Thats a shame, dosent seem right that its been there since march.

• Thanks 1

Maybe tucked away in a corner or something.  Can't complain too much, I was quoted a build in week 20 originally but made it to 13.  I am quite excited though!

It'll be here soon, and then there's loads of time to enjoy it.

Just been told that my bear was brought to life yesterday and that it’s now on its way to Emden by train. If I’m lucky it could arrive by the end of the month.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, exFiesta said:

Maybe tucked away in a corner or something.  Can't complain too much, I was quoted a build in week 20 originally but made it to 13.  I am quite excited though!

It'll be here soon, and then there's loads of time to enjoy it.

Mine was originaly 22 then moved to 14.

You never know might bump into each over at Marshalls one day :)

Edited by MooseUK
  • Thanks 1

I am build week 16 so next week.
Skoda UK said its average of 8 weeks to receive at dealership.
My dealership said average of 4 weeks, I hope my dealer is correct and Skoda UK are just playing it safe

Mine sat at Emden for 10 days before shipping on Thames Highway, 27 hours crossing the North Sea to Sheerness, which incidentally is how many hours it takes to build a Kodiaq.  Then spent 16 days at Sheerness!!   It seemed a bloody long wait LOL!!!

On the question of how do you know what ship it's on.  That's easy, just sit and watch marinetraffic, and when you see a ship departing for your port, pick up the phone and call SUK and ask if it's on that ship.   Finally you're get the answer you've been waiting.........Yes it is!!!!!

Edited by Markymate

31 minutes ago, exFiesta said:

That is truly brutal. 

I would have been on at the dealer. I mean, the dealer has presumably paid for the car but hasn't been paid for it but you or the finance company so it's in their interest to get it moving!

Just found out that our Kodiaq made it onto the Malacca Highway, so should be in the UK later today :)

that’ll make 2 days factory to Emden, 13 days at Emden, 1 on a ship. So we’ll see how the next bit goes...

10 minutes ago, exFiesta said:

Just found out that our Kodiaq made it onto the Malacca Highway, so should be in the UK later today :)

that’ll make 2 days factory to Emden, 13 days at Emden, 1 on a ship. So we’ll see how the next bit goes...

Expect a wait at this side as well. Mine has been waiting to be transported  to the dealer for a week now.

1 hour ago, exFiesta said:

Thats good news :) We could end up collecting ours on the same day after all.

13 hours ago, Mark1982 said:

I would have been on at the dealer. I mean, the dealer has presumably paid for the car but hasn't been paid for it but you or the finance company so it's in their interest to get it moving!

I did, and some.  Finally got Skoda involved to get it shifted.  Dealership was useless, hopefully you won't have the same experience.

On 4/10/2018 at 16:53, MooseUK said:

Mine was originaly 22 then moved to 14.

You never know might bump into each over at Marshalls one day :)

I guess it is possible our kodiaqs will share a transporter to Reading ... 

1 minute ago, exFiesta said:

I guess it is possible our kodiaqs will share a transporter to Reading ... 

Just been into Marshalls, they said worse case scenario is 10 days from it arriving in the UK till We pick it up.

• Like 1

Those of us who know our Kodiaqs have been transported to the UK, have you heard anything from your dealer? Even though I know it is in Sheerness I've heard nothing from the dealer.... Maybe I know more than they do!

3 hours ago, Mark1982 said:

Those of us who know our Kodiaqs have been transported to the UK, have you heard anything from your dealer? Even though I know it is in Sheerness I've heard nothing from the dealer.... Maybe I know more than they do!

I heard nothing from dealer since ordering.  I checked with ŠKODA on Sunday 8th April via customer services online chat and they said that it was handed over from UK port and delivered to dealer on 31 March.  I rang dealer and they said it was on the way to them with arrival for Wednesday 11th April.  I am picking up tomorrow at 0930. Not sure where it was for the 12 days in between!!!  Can only assume as it is a multi site franchise that it was at some kind of intermediate depot?  Also not sure if I would have ever seen it had I not contacted the dealer!

Ian at Marshall ŠKODA in Reading let me know as soon as he found out that it was on the boat, and said the next time he’ll be in touch is when he knows what the transport looks like from Sheerness.

I had also messaged ŠKODA Uk about it a little while ago, and they messaged me to let me know it was on the boat this morning - no prompting from me.