Time from Emden

Picked up today. Very pleased :)

Will try for some photos at the weekend - but rainy today. 

In total it was only a shade over 8 weeks from order to delivery - ordered 23/2 delivered 27/4. 

• Like 1

Rather unimpressed with Skoda’s delivery times. Car was built on 4th April still sitting in Sheerness for a delivery to Aldershot. 

1 hour ago, TumnusCat said:

I collect tomorrow. Bit irritated at having to pay a full month's VED for 4 days but there you go.

They taxed mine for 1 year and 1 week.

1 hour ago, TumnusCat said:

Is that even possible?

I'm pretty sure it's complete rubbish - tax starts on the first day of the month and expires on the last day of the month. For new vehicles, they are always supplied with 12 months tax... which will always start on the 1st of the month in which it was registered.

1 hour ago, MooseUK said:

They taxed mine for 1 year and 1 week.

Do you have any paperwork to prove that? You might want to see what the DVLA think:

https://www.gov.uk/check-vehicle-tax

16 minutes ago, TumnusCat said:

Tax due 1st May.

No, that's correct - you're getting the end of this month (a few days), then 1 May 2018 to 30 April 2019 (12 months).

How long have car deliveries been stuck in Sheerness on average? Mine has been there for ten days now and SCS still seem to have no idea of when it might be delivered to the dealer. Have to say that the competition seem to be much better at quick delivery from production to dealer.

Edited by Jfhuk

Don't stress Jfhuk - Mine was 11 days at Sheerness. 

I think they are contracted to get them to dealer in 10 days- So I'd expect yours to arrive in the next day or two.  Your dealer will have more information than Skodachat too, so maybe give them a call. 

M

20 hours ago, mantrahalos said:

Don't stress Jfhuk - Mine was 11 days at Sheerness. 

I think they are contracted to get them to dealer in 10 days- So I'd expect yours to arrive in the next day or two.  Your dealer will have more information than Skodachat too, so maybe give them a call. 

M

Thanks, the dealer is as in the in dark as I am currently. Apparently Skoda has contracted delivery out to a third party and Skoda don’t know their schedule till they are on the way to be delivered to the dealer.

Edited by Jfhuk

Got there in the end! Dealer had words and the car miraculously appeared announced by Skoda at dealers late this afternoon. Due to Bank Holiday and back log or cars having the phone box mod, I won’t be able to collect till next Thursday 10th. Thats fourteen weeks from order. 

Mine arrived at Emden on the 26th April, just checked with Skoda, its still there with no ship allocation yet either.

So that's 9 days at Emden so far...

17 minutes ago, silver1011 said:

Mine arrived at Emden on the 26th April, just checked with Skoda, its still there with no ship allocation yet either.

That’s unlucky. Mine was built and arrived at Emden sometime that same week. When I checked with Skoda last night, it was on a boat over to the UK. Hopefully yours will be on it’s way very soon. 

Delivery does seem a total lottery. 

• Like 1

Looking at my experience and others it’s typically 10-12 days in Emden, awaiting a ship, then another 10-12 days in the UK dock before it gets to the dealer.

21 hours ago, silver1011 said:

Hope it gets on the move soon ;)

• Like 1

I finally received some communication from my dealer. My car was built w/c 23rd April, arrived at Grimsby on Thursday 3rd May. Dealer is promising we should be able to take delivery of it by Wednesday 16th May. So all things being well, that will make it 10 weeks from placing an order to taking delivery.