Skoda Connect on pre-owned car

I have now had my 67 plate VRS for two weeks and am loving it.

However, i still haven't been able to set up Skoda connect. After lots of messing about and speaking to Skoda and Supplying Dealer it appears that the issue is that the car has been registered under a different account previously.

I put the car VIN number into the Skoda Connect portal and it has given me an 8 digit PIN code, I have tried numerous times to put this code into my car, but it just keeps saying that the code is incorrect.

When i set up the account on my PC it recognized that i had 12 months free as it stated the expiry date which was 12 months after the first registration of my car.

The supplying dealer doesn't seem to have a clue what to do. After all this i know it probably won't be worth it as it'll end up being useless anyway, but after spending a substantial amount of money of the car i want to be able use use all of the features available to me out of principal more than anything!

Anything else i can try before i give up?? Surely someone else must have been in a similar position before?

1 minute ago, mumphie said:

There's an option to delete previous owner registration details...

Where? I couldn't see it...

Just been to the car again and when i select 'Skoda Connect' it takes me to the set up wizard.

The only option i then have is to press 'code'. It then asks for the code (which it obviously then says is incorrect).

There is no option to de-register any accounts. I have previously tried a factory re-set in the main menu, but this hasn't made any difference.

Anyone else have any ideas? It's really doing my head in now! 

Thanks, that's not what i see. It just says Code Incorrect.

Perhaps its just the code that's dodgy then. Skoda didn't seem to want to give me another one when i spoken to them

1 hour ago, chuno said:

Thanks, that's not what i see. It just says Code Incorrect.

Perhaps its just the code that's dodgy then. Skoda didn't seem to want to give me another one when i spoken to them

I originally had some problems registering for the first time - turned out it was due to my phone being on EE....

Looks like i am finally getting somewhere with it! I have just spoken to someone else at Skoda Customer Services and it is apparently because the car is regsisted under a company under the 'Vehicle management system' and not to me!

• Like 1

Looks like. I have just spoken to the dealer who supplied the car and he didn't know what the 'vehicle management system was', so is getting back to me.

• Thanks 1

Well still haven't sorted this.

Have spoken to Skoda Customer services again and they have given me another PIN, which still doesn't work.

Can anyone confirm whats the easiest way to know for sure that the car has an internet connection? 

• 2 weeks later...

Never got mine to work on a brand new car, gave up after 2 weeks, it looks like it is not worth the hassle.

i have enough pestering without the car doing it as well.

Well I refuse to give up! :)

I am supposed to be having a manager call me from Skoda today.

They are now saying it is because the account has not been de-registered again!

It wouldn’t let me register it and it was brand new, now they can’t collect my data.

i lived without it on my Vauxhall Insignia Vxr so I can live without it on my Octavia...

all the the best if you must have it.

i have also noticed that there things that were promised in the brochure that either aren’t there or do not work.