Octavia II Air Intake

I've just fitted a Ramair kit to my 06 VRS, see here https://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/447791-engine-cover/

But I've now been reading about heat soak and water in the sparkplug hole issues........

Has anyone fitted a heat shield to the rear engine cover mounts or to the filter as additional protection?

If so, where did you get the parts from? (Garagemidnight on Ebay??)

What about the water issue? Has anyone made a water cover for the top of the engine?

Or am I just being paranoid???

ATB,

Kev.

4 hours ago, eggyVRS said:

I've just fitted a Ramair kit to my 06 VRS, to replace this https://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/447791-engine-cover/

But I've now been reading about heat soak and water in the sparkplug hole issues........

Has anyone fitted a heat shield to the rear engine cover mounts or to the filter as additional protection?

If so, where did you get the parts from? (Garagemidnight on Ebay??)

What about the water issue? Has anyone made a water cover for the top of the engine?

Or am I just being paranoid???

ATB,

Kev.

Edited to say 'replace this'........

Edited by eggyVRS

I think the water in the spark plugs is a Seat Leon issue, never heard of any Octavias with the problem.

I've got an Audi TTS cover on mine which I guess would solve the problem. Or you can modify the original cover to fit around the induction kit.

DSC_0109_1491731087134.JPG

On ‎19‎/‎04‎/‎2018 at 12:32, Mr G 76 said:

I think the water in the spark plugs is a Seat Leon issue, never heard of any Octavias with the problem.

I've got an Audi TTS cover on mine which I guess would solve the problem. Or you can modify the original cover to fit around the induction kit.

Have you ducted any cold air in from the front for the filter?
If so, where from?

I've done mine from the removable side panels from the lower grille (just opened the slots out a bit more rather than cutting a big hole in it!!) and removing all the ducting for the standard airbox on top of the radiators.
But I would still like to get better airflow in there.........

No additional ducting, I've left the original air box feed in place, and the induction kit turbo Heatshield helps keep radiant heat away from the main intake pipe.

I can't say I've noticed an issue with heat soak. But I mostly do A road journeys. In stop start, and urban driving it may be more of a problem