Mk2 Fabia VRS Combi

Mickmartin

1 hour ago, Kobayashi said:

Like the vents and the custom 'black' look. im slightly too low for splitter though it looks great.

Thanks bud, I’ll See how long the splitter lasts me as I’ve scraped it a fair few times already but I d love the look of it.

Got a leaking radiator that needs sorted , apart from that the cars driving spot on.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

i opted for a http://www.gfb.com.au/products/blow-off-and-diverter-valves/dv-plus/dv-t9355-suits-late-model-vag-euro-applications-740-detail

dont think you can have both a forge and DV+?

Also, how you finding the nick wiley vents, any issues with water, getting mine done next month, i bought a battery cover on ebay but the material was too thick and wouldnt fit underneath

29 minutes ago, Kobayashi said:

Not entirely sure but I don't think the 2 would be compatible mate.

30 minutes ago, Kobayashi said:

Also, how you finding the nick wiley vents, any issues with water, getting mine done next month, i bought a battery cover on ebay but the material was too thick and wouldnt fit underneath

They've been completely fine,Baring in mind I'm in Scotland and it rains a whole heck more than most places, The only worry I had was a drip on the fuses above the battery but its been fine. I'm going to eventually get a TMG battery relocation tray and move the battery out of harms way. I also now have no engine cover due to the hoses for the BOV, Currently in the process of modifying one to fit.

• Like 1

So basically this fits still in the front engine but sideways on? 

https://www.tmg-performance.com/en/1-4-tsi.html

I would relocate to the boot but im putting the spare wheel back in the wheel well over winter.

The cover i bought for the battery wouldnt fit as material too thick wouldnt slide under

1 hour ago, Kobayashi said:

So basically this fits still in the front engine but sideways on? 

https://www.tmg-performance.com/en/1-4-tsi.html

I would relocate to the boot but im putting the spare wheel back in the wheel well over winter.

The cover i bought for the battery wouldnt fit as material too thick wouldnt slide under

Yeah moves the battery sideways and allows more space for a bigger filter and better air flow and the battery would sit further away from my vent.

Edited by Mickmartin
  • Like 1

Tail end of a storm up here so I thought I’d give you an idea as where to the water gets in with the vents, hide your eyes!

IMO I couldn’t care less about the water apart from the last pic as there’s 2 fuses in that part above the battery terminal hence why I want to get the battery moved.

In terms of the drivers side vent the only worry down that way would be the altinator and belts that are further down.

685CF6CB-DA4C-4618-B619-BED9AC01AD09.thumb.jpeg.f3ed0de3b40379caf4d80b8e08f1442f.jpeg60A113DE-7835-48E0-A4E7-CE109E7D9CFC.thumb.jpeg.57b974605a971deccd995760406ef84f.jpeg1C36F3C7-22CC-433C-8779-8A9718602CCE.thumb.jpeg.3cae71e18c13d14c138c0891d212f298.jpeg7F44A130-3477-4336-9FDF-D93268A7DCB6.thumb.jpeg.36725fce13625a0c0e3db5de296f0f3c.jpeg

Edited by Mickmartin
  • Sad 1