Newbie questions..Boost guage placement\EGR delete.

Hi. I just bought a 07 VRS and have been as with every car I end up with been getting a little info off the net and came up with a couple of questions.

First off where have you put your boost gauges? I have had a play and did not like blocking the cluster with my gauge on top of the steering column and on top of the dash was not a preferable option. I was thinking down on the lower dash so I could see it thought the bottom of the steering wheel but having driven the car after that now it looks like it would be a bad place too.

Second is to do with the carbon build up and EGR issues, Is it worth doing the EGR delete and if so do I just go for the single outlet plate or do I buy the plate with the catch can ports? I want to run a catch can to minimize the oil going back into the intake but that leaves me unsure of how far to go with this mod.

Pics are good :D

Thanks guys.

Can't comment on the boost gauge I think if you remove the EGR you also loose the anti shudder valve, 

I have a 1.9 PD and was suprised by the amount of oil in the boost pipes so have done the elephant mod, it's amazing how much moisture is collected the catch bottle, it's resulted in a car which runs and idless much more smoothly.

• Like 1

if you go onto FREDS TDI  you will find a "Wingnut stealth egr delete"  assuming it is the right egr   I also used the opportunity  to feed the boost gauge from a fitting screwed into a spare screw boss on the valve which was drilled thro'  approx 1mm from memory

Thanks. I had a look at the hose from the egr into the intake today and there is allot of oil in there so will go with the egr delete and catch can for sure. Also don't think that the car is boosting as strong as it should be and the fittings did not feel overly tight so I am wondering if there is a leak coming from there to.

• 4 weeks later...
On 18/04/2018 at 12:55, Cryonut said:

Can't comment on the boost gauge I think if you remove the EGR you also loose the anti shudder valve, 

I have a 1.9 PD and was suprised by the amount of oil in the boost pipes so have done the elephant mod, it's amazing how much moisture is collected the catch bottle, it's resulted in a car which runs and idless much more smoothly.

Hi Buddy ,

I do have 1.9 PD Pre FL Octavia ii .. ODO crossed 1 Lakh  Miles and i can see there is more black smoke in the exhaust , I have never done a EGR clean/Delete till now (Not sure if its done by Skoda Service ) , Can you help me the procedure to do it so that i can try..

Thanks in Advance..

Regards

Baskaran.V 

• 2 weeks later...