Are Skoda completely screwing their dealers?

TumnusCat

So as a rather sorry follow on to this.... 

It seems that Skoda dealers cannot order Kodiaq 1.4 any more, nor order the new 1.5 Kodiaq, nor promise any delivery dates for the Karoq, nor sell any stock new or used car with wireless charging.

Seriously?

• Like 1

This is a fan forum. It sounds like you need to talk to SKODA UK , not a dealer.

Similarly SEAT have recently been unable to supply Alcantara interiors on Leons and Ibizas. Its a very popular option and buyers are pixxed off.

But the dealers have no explanation.

Edited by camelspyyder

Can you not cancel and get your deposit back - if they cannot deliver that's breach surely.

I think dieselgate indicated exactly how VW treat their customers and dealers.

Why would any of us buy their products - if they weren't extremely discounted  of course.

Edited by camelspyyder

• 3 weeks later...

I have heard something random about a change in UK licensing laws recently related to this kind of thing, but so far I've been unable to find any detail at all about what it is. So my guess is the dealer is telling what they have been told. 

9 hours ago, lowedb said:

I have heard something random about a change in UK licensing laws recently related to this kind of thing, but so far I've been unable to find any detail at all about what it is. So my guess is the dealer is telling what they have been told. 

There are plenty of threads on this forum with detail. But my question was about how Skoda are treating dealers. They seem to have restrictions on what cars they can sell, and then when there is an issue the dealers seem massively uninformed.

That will be the Volkswagen Group more than actually just Skoda CZ / UK.

***They put Rod McLeod in charge in the UK to head 'Poor Communications'. ***

Hear,See & Say no evil.

http://businesscar.co.uk/news/2017/skoda-uk-appoints-new-director 

People that own and run Dealerships are grown ups and in business, if they are being screwed or made to assume the position they know who by.

If customer service and Dealership knowledge is not actually any good just go elsewhere. 

VW Group just do not have the vehicles WLTP figures for September.  Simples as that.

Bargains coming as they shift stock already built or being built from VW, Audi, Skoda & SEAT / Cupra. Porsche and all the rest.

http://volkswagen.co.uk/owners/wltp 

MauMauM.jpg.a730f8af9f11981f15b1387419a3b965.jpg.3d0cd25182f29ac829db4d9064ddc2cf.jpg

Edited by Offski

On 19/04/2018 at 19:22, TumnusCat said:

So as a rather sorry follow on to this.... 

It seems that Skoda dealers cannot order Kodiaq 1.4 any more, nor order the new 1.5 Kodiaq, nor promise any delivery dates for the Karoq, nor sell any stock new or used car with wireless charging.

Seriously?

I think there is more a lack of communication to the dealers, and what there is is so light on detail that when pressed by customers, dealers start making up all sorts of ‘facts’ to appease, but often end up digging themselves in a hole.

Specifically the wireless charger was a combined unit with a signal booster, and it was the booster that was the problem, (operated outside permitted frequency ranges), so whoever said it was charger caused the confusion.

As for the engines, the 1.4 is being discontinued, and the order list for 1.5 was suspended when it grew to about 7 months.  WLTP is a smokescreen, orders for deliveries after 1 Sept have not been stopped 

There appears to be a culture within the VW group of withholding the facts regarding production problems from dealers, so in that sense they are being screwed. They seem scared of letting public know that amongst others, they have some supplier problems (castings), seating manufacturer change causing shortages, shortages of alcantara, petrol engine shortages, non legal boosters, and now seat belt buckle problems (on polo, Ibiza, Arona) which is stopping dealers handing over those.

Orders have not been stopped but vehicles being registered will need to meet the test figures when retested, so if the need GPF's then they will have to have GPF's.

http://autoexpress.co.uk/bmw/103019/bmw-raises-co2-figures-across-range-under-new-wltp-tests 

http://autocar.co.uk/car-news/new-cars/renault-cuts-clio-captur-and-megane-specs-range-simplification 

WLTP & RDE to cause serious production bottlenecks _ Fleet Europe.mhtml

Edited by Offski