Side skirts, has anyone fitted them

Daxmatt

So I've got a pre facelift that I'm wanting to change up a bit and I've seen some side skirts on superskoda, they look like they're for the Monte Carlo but fit my shape Also, has anyone had some of these as I'd like to see how they look on the older model, done a quick Google but nothing really popped up 

Thanks Matt

46 minutes ago, 137699 said:

Are you referring to these:

14jbz4k.jpg

No not those, I have seen this and really like them but in my search for these on super Skoda I found the others, the ones I mean actually replace the existing ones 

http://www.superskoda.com/Skoda/YETI/Skoda-Yeti-09-16-original-Skoda-Autoas-exterior-side-skirts-MONTE-CARLO-Black-magic-paint

Should have done this first time lol 

Guest FurryFriend

One of the wonderful things about the Yeti is its excellent ground clearance. 

What would be the point of fitting those? By modifying the car, you could well incur significant extra insurance costs, and a Yeti is never going to look like that green 'boy racer' 

2 hours ago, FurryFriend said:

One of the wonderful things about the Yeti is its excellent ground clearance. 

What would be the point of fitting those? By modifying the car, you could well incur significant extra insurance costs, and a Yeti is never going to look like that green 'boy racer' 

Yeah it's not the ones in the picture  i was referring to it's the Monte Carlo ones in the link I was asking about although I do like the ones pictured, as for the insurance they're all genuine Skoda parts and as they'd be replacing the existing side skirts fitted no declaration is required

Edited by Daxmatt

3 hours ago, Daxmatt said:

Yeah it's not the ones in the picture  i was referring to it's the Monte Carlo ones in the link I was asking about although I do like the ones pictured, as for the insurance they're all genuine Skoda parts and as they'd be replacing the existing side skirts fitted no declaration is required

I wouldn't bank on that.

Currently you don't have any side skirts fitted since you don't have a Monte Carlo, therefore they are not a standard fitting.

6 minutes ago, Llanigraham said:

I wouldn't bank on that.

Currently you don't have any side skirts fitted since you don't have a Monte Carlo, therefore they are not a standard fitting.

All yeti's have plastic removable side skirts fitted, simply replacing it for one that's colour coded

Sorry but the only Yeti fitted with the extended side skirts of the type you have linked to is the Monte Carlo. They are totally different to the flat sill covers fitted to "normal" Yetis, therefore it is far better to inform your insurance about your modification away from the STANDARD fitting.
The standard sill covers are NOT easily removable.

Edited by Llanigraham

200 euro to replace some bits of black plastic that you hardly ever notice (and that you certainly can't see when you're actually using the car) with...some slightly differently-shaped bits of black plastic?  Each to his own.

• Like 1

The ones I purchased (in the photo) do give the car a more rugged look and also they do offer protection to the factory side skirts.

I removed them before I sold the car and whilst the "skirts" had picked up minor damage, the underlying sills were like new - which pleased the lease company at the end of my tenure and pleased my wallet as a result.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, 137699 said:

The ones I purchased (in the photo) do give the car a more rugged look and also they do offer protection to the factory side skirts.

I removed them before I sold the car and whilst the "skirts" had picked up minor damage, the underlying sills were like new - which pleased the lease company at the end of my tenure and pleased my wallet as a result.

Yeah I must admit it's your car that put me on track for them, and I'm thinking that they are the ones I'll be getting rather than the Monte Carlo ones as like you say they do make an impression on the car, enjoyed reading your build thread aswell 

• Thanks 1