Facelift a Pre-Facelift

given some minor damage to my 2008 VRS (scratches, dents etc) I've potentially the opportunity for a full set of front closure panels from a FL mk2, same colour as mine, but had taken rear end damage.

Is it simply a case of bolt-on parts (Wings, bumper, bonnet), and the FL Headlamps (maybe some wiring mods)?

Or is there more underlying structure to change?

It's not a straight bolt on for FL bumper, but has been done with some modifications to make it happen by some members. Have a good search on the forum and you'll find some more info on exactly what's involved. 

Since I've done it on a regular non VRS, here is what You need:

Obvious parts: bumper,foglights, bonnet grille, bumper grille, led drls(for fl RS bumper), front fenders-wings, whatever you call them.

Non obvious parts:

Front part of wheel arch liners, altough can do without them; plastic retainers for front bumper, metal brackets that conect wings to inner frame parts(fl ones are different), metal holder for bonnet fl grille, bonnet release lock is also different; headlight mountung brackets are also different for fl.

Radiator lower support frame will probably need to be slightly modified.

Headlight wiring should be the same (mine was).However you will need to modify-make wiring for led drls.

Hope I helped.