Dog guard and liner

Karman

As promised to those who asked, photographs of the dog guard and the boot liner, Bootliner from hatchbag A01F78C4-5A95-4943-8857-DEBDB72D97FD.thumb.jpeg.779f6288d2fcc1238002971e0172ed54.jpeg1404731C-D852-4ECD-89C3-60FD77D04374.thumb.jpeg.134924f8a754d4b1e875710c58bffa65.jpeg38C99D3B-F563-4D69-85BB-AD00BB77B165.thumb.jpeg.a3dfeac859d69fb3f85374cc32455716.jpeg28D6D115-E59A-4067-93F9-91BAD9311D60.thumb.jpeg.194757d0d46d23cc8ee0958f62d670ae.jpeg

Edited by Karman

1 hour ago, Karman said:

£150 pounds but well worth it

Bit rich for me... we only keep the car 3 years (lease) then give it back, so not sure if its worth it in my case... but it looks ace!  Incidently I went onto the HatchBags website and did a config for the new car (a Superb Estate) and after adding all the options was over £250 so a definite no-no.  SWMBO is already annoyed at the amount I've spent on car cleaning/detailing kit in the past few weeks!

23 minutes ago, cjrp said:

Looks great! One question, does it block the boot light / torch on the left?

Yes it does, which I did report back to give them constructive criticism, a Velcro flap would be ideal, but you can still get to the torch by putting your hand through the top.

8 hours ago, Karman said:

Yes it does, which I did report back to give them constructive criticism, a Velcro flap would be ideal, but you can still get to the torch by putting your hand through the top.

If it is made from the same material as the Hatchbag in my Octy Scout, you can cut out inserts for the light, 12v socket and luggage net hooks with a Stanley knife, which is what I had to do. They use a 'ripstop' material, so it is pretty robust. None of the inserts have ripped or 'threaded' in the 5 years it has been in place. 

9 hours ago, Fin69 said:

If it is made from the same material as the Hatchbag in my Octy Scout, you can cut out inserts for the light, 12v socket and luggage net hooks with a Stanley knife, which is what I had to do. They use a 'ripstop' material, so it is pretty robust. None of the inserts have ripped or 'threaded' in the 5 years it has been in place. 

Yes I guess so, it has got slits in to push the straps through at the sides

I will probably Cut the square out, when it gets to winter again and I need the extra light or torch, I have extra Velcro so will fasten it around the light

It is a Skoda one and it was free off the dealers for the waiting I had with the seats. Apparently they do two different guards.

Edited by Karman

5 hours ago, Luckypants said:

Does that dog guard rattle?

No not at all, and the 2 legs - brackets are up tight against the wheel arch, no drilling so no holes in the rear passenger window trim. It was on offer at Horton Skoda who I’ve had a few parts off, but I must say that wasn’t my local dealer who supplied and fitted my guard.

Edited by Karman

Thanks Karman.

Another question. I just went on the Hatchbag site and it says that only vario-flex seats with the raised floor is available. Like you I have a 4x4 version and mine does not have a raised floor, just the mat flat on the tin floor. As mine is an SE-L not an Edition like yours, I was wondering if there is a difference in the boot? Did you by any chance take a 'before' picture of your boot?

The only thing is in a raised floor you have the spare wheel and foam spacer for the 4x4 which I have, and there is no difference between self or edition models.

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

Luckypants don’t know if your interested but I have also just purchased a rear bumper protector to stop my dogs claws marking the soft plastic bumper when they enthusiastically jump out of the car.

Does the bumper flap on the boot liner not do that for you? I may well be interested if you found the boot flap not effective. Jemima will not be jumping in/out now (see the dog thread) due to her injury and even after being fixed she will be lifted in. Jack clears the bumper most times! 

My dogs will sometimes try and get out of the car before I have had time to put the cover over the bumper,  especially when they know they are at the park or beach. Mad Spaniels!!!

Edited by Karman

12 minutes ago, Karman said:

Sorry for about your dog hope she is feeling better.

Thank you. She is better for short walks on the lead. Operation hopefully sort her out.