Dog guard and liner

Karman

On 28/04/2018 at 00:23, Fin69 said:

They use a 'ripstop' material, so it is pretty robust. None of the inserts have ripped or 'threaded' in the 5 years it has been in place. 

So do you reckon the "Ripstop" material would survive a puppy's infant chewing? Those teeth could be a match for a Stanley knife! Yes, I'm serious!

42 minutes ago, Oszkar said:

So do you reckon the "Ripstop" material would survive a puppy's infant chewing? Those teeth could be a match for a Stanley knife! Yes, I'm serious!

Been there and had a puppy chew through the material of a back seat, rip a piece of boot trim off, bend the dog guard back and was at the point of forcing his way out of the gap in the back window when we returned to the car. We’d only called in at my mother to drop off something but he’d seen her dog and wanted to play. Around 20 mins in total and never any issue before, other than a little travel sickness. He had a cage after that. 

• 3 weeks later...

If it is similar to the one I got for my last car (Yeti) it is simple to drop onto the rear shelf and tie down the hooks. Very simple and no mods whatsoever. Great piece of kit and would have got one but gone for something more substantial for my new Karoq - a fitted cage for our two dogs!

It seems UK dealers are fitting the Travall dog guard. That dog guard fits the car very well. It requires no modifications or damage to the car and fits easily by dropping onto the shelves at the side then hooking on to the boot floor load anchors to secure it. It is the dog guard shown in Karman's original post and the photos I've posted of my boot arrangement.

• 2 years later...
On 17/05/2018 at 12:26, Luckypants said:

Well I couldn't wait for Hatchbag et all to get their act together, so I went for this universal boot liner and a £9 Sakura boot mat to help protect the base from claws. Together with a Travall dog guard, it looks ok. Very pleased with the fit on the boot liner.

IMG_20180517_121112.jpg

IMG_20180517_121006.jpg

If anyone is looking, I'm now selling my dog guard. See signature.

• 1 month later...

If anyone wants a dog/load guard for a Karoq, I found this online shop which has the genuine Skoda item, part ref ZGB57A017221 listed at £69.99, although when you purchase, it comes out at £71.99 but does includes delivery cost.

https://www.pminhafe.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=710671

I have ordered one for the new Karoq that I am in the process of buying (via Drive the Deal) , as it is signicantly cheaper than the Skoda price of £145.

It would appear to be a Travall unit, which I rate very highly and have used these for many years in my Octavia estates.

6 hours ago, JayTee said:

If anyone wants a dog/load guard for a Karoq, I found this online shop which has the genuine Skoda item, part ref ZGB57A017221 listed at £69.99, although when you purchase, it comes out at £71.99 but does includes delivery cost.

https://www.pminhafe.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=710671

I have ordered one for the new Karoq that I am in the process of buying (via Drive the Deal) , as it is signicantly cheaper than the Skoda price of £145.

It would appear to be a Travall unit, which I rate very highly and have used these for many years in my Octavia estates.

Travall are very good though personally I prefer a cage.

Edited by pragmatix