Paint problem on a 2013 estate boot

After washing the car the other day I noticed rust spots coming from under the paint on the lip just above the number plate. I've just had the local skoda dealer have a look and he took pictures to send to skoda UK. 

Anyone else had this problem? What are the chances skoda will sort it foc? 

The dealer thinks it more likely skoda will offer a goodwill gesture of 50%. But after the recent bill of just short of £1000 for a new secondary water pump I could do without another hit to the wallet! 

This should definitely be covered under warranty on a car that's at most five years old unless there is evidence that it has been damaged. Ford twice repaired the tailgate on my Focus when it was older than five years. The anti-perforation is much longer than the regular warranty (12 years on the Focus).

Whatever someone at the Dealership, the Warranty Manager or some random person thinks does not matter, 

they can take the pictures, arrange the Professional / Qualified person to inspect and report to Skoda UK / VW, then Skoda might well come back with a 50% Goodwill Gesture offer.

But they are taking the Pith, because they will end up having to pay 100% and the cost of your 'independent report' if it is a Manufacturing / Paint / Prep / Quality Control from the factory fault.

So do as the Warranty says, report to a Official Dealership ASAP.

http://briskoda.net/forums/topic/430237-bonnet-paint-defect 

Issue is, the Body Inspection is supposed to be carried out at Services by Servicing Personnel, but if it is only now appearing since the last logged Body Inspection on the Skoda / VW System it is what it is.

http://skoda.co.uk/finance-and-offers/service-and-maintenance/simply-fixed 

Pity the Service Books were stopped, they had the Body Inspection page after each Service Page for completing, and a date, signature.

Edited by Offski

Ford paid up despite me not having any stamps on the paint inspection page, but I did have a complete main dealer service history. Only problem was my local dealer had to refer me elsewhere because they didn't have a bodyshop that could do the inspection or the repair.

^^^ Because FORD / FORD UK know the faults are of a result of their failings.  As do Bodyshop staff / Warranty - Claim managers.

VW Group do as well, but the last Brand Director for Skoda is offski to head VW in the USA, and the new one Rod McLeod is having staff at Skoda HQ knock back even more Warranty Claims as a matter of course as Duncan did, and Alastair Stewart did before.

They need to cut them down as there is some many millions being spent of The Fix failures.    Call Centre Staff and Communications managers that like to say

'no!'.

http://briskoda.net/forums/topic/449289-door-corner-rust 

Edited by Offski

I had this on mine at 9 months old.  Sorted FoC by Skoda UK - who had the audacity to reject the claim at first!

Gaz

PICT0005.JPG

I've had corrosion on my boot lid at the spoiler. 

3rd time going in to resolve the issue next week. Once its finally resolved I'll be posting up whats happened. 

It was approved by Skoda under the paint warranty even though my VRS is coming up 5 years old this November.

Thanks for the replies. Let's hope skoda own up to the shoddy paint work and sort it but I'm not holding my breath. Don't get me started on Ford dealers for customer service. My 2008 St was having engine rebuilds twice a year for 2 years. No explanation as to why the engine kept bending rods, waiting weeks for a courtesy car etc and they had the audacity to try rejecting the warranty claim because they found a non Ford bolt on the exhaust flange! Its why I don't have a ST anymore