Goodbye 2016 VRS TDi ...

... and hello 2018 VRS Tdi!

Spent ages trying to work out what I wanted next when my current PCH deal ends. Couldn't find anything that ticked as many boxes as the VRS TDi, so I've ordered a new one! Decided to treat myself to the heated seats and Canton stereo this time though.

Roll on September!

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Zippeh said:

Changed my order already!

The heated seats have gone, and I've swapped it for the Black Design Package. Think the black grille will look nice on the white!

Black grille does look nice, as do the black mirrors. Heated seats are handy in winter though and harder/more expensive to retrofit.

3 minutes ago, Zippeh said:

The main reason I've removed the heated seats is, as I suffer from a bad back I have a special needs cushion to sit on. Thought that would nullify any benefit of the heated seats!!

You might be surprised, I hear a lot of people with back problems find the heated seats beneficial. The heat helps apparently.

Go for what works for you though, I don't think you'll be disappointed either way :)

My missus has pretty bad scoliosis/kyphosis and finds heated seats really help, particularly on long journeys. She doesn't have a cushion though, so she does 'feel the benefit'. Is your cushion just on the seat or does it come up the back too? 'cause the heated bits are in both.

1 hour ago, edwards said:

My missus has pretty bad scoliosis/kyphosis and finds heated seats really help, particularly on long journeys. She doesn't have a cushion though, so she does 'feel the benefit'. Is your cushion just on the seat or does it come up the back too? 'cause the heated bits are in both.

It's just a wedge cushion on the base. I don't suffer at all with the cushion, but when I took delivery of my VRS and started driving it, I was in agony after 2-3 days! Haven't missed them the last two years, so I can make do without and save myself the cash :D

Maybe put it towards a DTUK box or something more fun!

• 3 weeks later...

Right I'm having a slight crisis!

Do I keep my order for the new one, or buy my existing one from VWFS and save myself £5500? The price for the new one is really good, and I'd be giving up Canton and the new shiny touchscreen and two services. My current car needs new tyres all round (or will do very soon) and will need a service in 8k which I'll have to pay for, and it needs new wipers - so overall that's probably £700ish.

One big thing to consider is the tax. My current one is £30 a year, whereas the new one will be £140. I can drive for nearly five years for the price of one if I kept the old one! There's nothing wrong with the old one apart from it using a bit of oil (which the new one might after a bit as well!). Old one has done 31000 but has only really started driving like I want it to with the engine loosening up nicely. 

That being said, £5500 extra for a brand new car doesn't seem like a lot vs a 2yr old one!

All depends. If you're happy with the car you have (no guarantees you'll be happy with your new car) then seems a sensible option. Guess it comes down to price - is VWFS offering you a good price to buy their car?

They'll only sell their car onto a 3rd party anyway so trick is to  try and guess that figure. Check with websites such as WeBuyAnyCar, WeWantAnyCar, ArnoldClark etc and get an idea what VWFS are likely to be selling their car for. If you can buy the car for a few quid more than they'd sell it for at auction you might end up with a nice bargain.  Doesn't cost anything to ask.

Edited by Guest

Or take the risk that the new diesel car will have even worse resale at the end of the lease and then buy that one. If you are happy with the grey one, you an spend a few £££ getting a black grill and mirrors to give it the black pack and you can fit the new screen as yours is already MIB2. Give the car a mini facelift and keep hold of more cash unless you really really want a new one in a different colour :)

• 1 month later...

Well the order for the new one has been cancelled, and the current one is being bought! Got it for a good price, in my opinion so I'm happy. Saved myself a good few 1000 by not buying the new one! Bit of a shame as was looking forward to a new one, but can't really justify it when there's nothing wrong with mine. Waiting for a refund now!