Egr

glenn_btn

Hi All

so the car has gone in to limp mode and just flashing the glow plug light. I did a quick scan with Carista which shows P0403 egr. 

I have cleared the code but it just comes straight back when the car is has been running for 20 seconds or so. Am I right in thinking that I now need to get the egr replaced? It’s only done 41,000 but who knows how it was treated before bought it 2 years ago. 

Thanks

I had the same last month.Turns out it was injector no4.I paid my local garage to fix the car and claimed the money back from Skoda under the trust building measure.my car had the so called fix in August last year before I bought it and they still paid up.might be with you looking into that

Edited by Gordonm
More info

its Not had the fix and never will. 

@Gordonm did you have P0403 egr fault code? Could do without the cost of replacing the egr. 

• Like 1

Digging through the forums I see that most people also seem to have the engine management light on as well when the EGR is shot. I only have the flashing glow plug light. If I reset the fault it come back as soon as restarting the car.

So the oddness continues. 

Spent the the weekend checking the brake light as saw that here somewhere and checked all the fuses and last night still had glow plug light flashing. 

4 days later and start the car this morning and no light anymore and car driving fine. Difficult to find an issue when it just disappears. Problem is you can’t trust it won’t come on again especially as I tend to use it to travel to wales. 

None me of my machanic friends seem to be able to offer a suggestion which just makes it frustrating as don’t really want to take it to my crap main dealer..

Re fuses, I've had problems with oem 5amp fuses, take em out , they look fine reinsert prob continues , eventually discovere that when tested with a meter and bent slight across / between the spades I got a fault situation, inspected them using an eyeglass/loupe, and there was a crack along the edge of one spade,so, could read good, or with a slight bend could read bad, replaced them and no probs subsequently  --   worth a try I suggest