Panoramic Roof and Roof Bars

I have searched plenty of topics but haven't found anyone that has a set of roof bars that still allow the panoramic roof to open unimpeded.  I know on my Superb II Estate I researched to death until I found a set of Atera Signo RT Aero 122cm roof bars that worked a treat however I got rid of these when I sold the Superb.

The Thule buyers guide recommends a 775 foot pack which I am concerned will be too low down compared to the 757 (similar style to the Atera) to open the roof.

Anybody out there with the Thule 775 footpacks and the pano roof?

In true "this is the Internet so don't give a straight answer" style... how often do you have the roof bars on, and can you not position the front one so it is a touch further back and doesn't interfere with the roof opening (I have no idea how big the opening bit is!)? Or just not open the roof the whole amount when you have the roof bars on?

I had the same issue with my superb so decided to keep the standard thule feet and as you know the sunroof is in impaired with these.

you could buy the aero style from a retailer who allows returns of course.

5 hours ago, WiggosSideburns said:

In true "this is the Internet so don't give a straight answer" style... how often do you have the roof bars on, and can you not position the front one so it is a touch further back and doesn't interfere with the roof opening (I have no idea how big the opening bit is!)? Or just not open the roof the whole amount when you have the roof bars on?

Haha. Loving the straight answer. I have the roof bars on and off through the year for cycling, camping, heading away etc.  Typically when they are on, I am somewhere sunny where I would like the roof open.  

I know the roof is one of those marmite options, but i have it down pretty much every mile driven at the moment.  

The roof is essentially in half with the front half sliding over the rear.  When the front half starts to to lift to go over the back the edge in the middle that splits tilts up and gets some height before levelling out and sliding back. 

Just seen a set on a Kodiaq in the showroom. The sunroof doesn't go much higher than the tops of the bars, so looks like plenty of clearance. I think this is the 'official' skoda bar/box combo.

roofbars1.jpg

roofbars2.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I have the Thule 775 footpack with the Thule wingbars and a massive Kamei 510 roofbox now fitted.  Roof opens and all is well with the world..